MDJunction - People Helping People

Ask a Question
04/28/2012 09:33 AM

I SO Don't Believe This Cr@p!

cptblack
cptblack  
VIP Member

So I am at my son's appartment and go out the front door of the building to smoke. I'm standing there when 5 young ladies(?) between late teens and mid 20s in in age approach. I open the door for them as I hear the lead girl say "... and people with PTSD just can't do anything useful..."! I held the door and let them pass and the last girl says "Thank you." to which I reply "Your welcome. At least we can hold doors open".

I don't think she caught a clue or 'Heard the wings flapping' as we used to say.

Where do these people come up with this drivel? How does PTSD make us 'useless'?

Post edited by: cptblack, at: 04/28/2012 09:34 AM

04/28/2012 10:48 AM
Colleenj
Colleenj  
VIP Member

You're better than I am. I'd still be standing there giving her an earfull. That kind of stuff pisses me off no end.

Colleen

04/29/2012 07:13 AM
stevesayshi
stevesayshi  

I would of opened my trap loudly, scaring the hell out of them.They'd be running away looking over their shoulder in fear. Should of told them it wasn't the PTSD they had to worry about.

04/29/2012 08:25 AM
lken
lken  
VIP Member

i do not know, most people just hear about ptsd and those vets from iraq and that new one of the guy who killed all those people. it is how media tells them is how they learn. we need to get out tell people we only kill or hurt in time of war.

04/30/2012 08:52 AM
cptblack
cptblack  
VIP Member

People need to learn that the media, TV and Movie shows and criminals looking for an "Easy out" on jail sentences are all spreading a message of fear and mistrust that people latch onto.

Share this discussion with your friends:

Disclaimer: The information provided in MDJunction is not a replacement for medical diagnosis, treatment, or professional medical advice.
In case of EMERGENCY call 911 or 1.800.273.TALK (8255) to the National Suicide Prevention Lifeline. Read more.
Contact Us | About Us
Copyright (c) 2006-2014 MDJunction.com All Rights Reserved