MDJunction - People Helping People

Ask a Question
03/12/2012 08:00 AM

hi, I took a holiday from the board and I'm back

fobs12

so I dunno, I have been going through the nightmare of getting Social Security Admin to release my back pay to me. I'm also dealing with ptsd in therapy and a hoarding/compulsive thing I have had going on that I guess they won;t medicate because I go to a free clinic. Hopefully soon I can get my insurance situation straightened out. This is exciting on one hand because I have wanted to go to a new doctor for a couple years now but also pretty crappy because I don;t want to go through the song and dance of finding a good doctor and afraid that they are going to contest my diagnosis.

Also, one last thing. I fought tooth and nail to get SSDI, was approved and they think that even though my something or other score of 45 has been worsening that I should be better by next Feb. Here's the kicker, After because we get more money now my wife isn't entitled to help paying her co pays or medicare part B, we both have to pay that and the co pays as I said, after all if I can't go to a doc I will get screwed to the wall during re-eval and so would she. We this in mind we make somewhere between $150 and $200 more than when I wasn't getting SSDI. I can't see my doc or therapist anymore and it's, well it's just super messed up. I'm kind of mad.

03/12/2012 11:52 AM
cptblack
cptblack  
VIP Member

The Gumberment giveth with one hand and taketh with the other. And it seems they take more than they give. I get about $200 pay increse from SSDI and now Housings assistance is cutting back their part of the rent about $180.

And altho I am Service Connected disabled by the VA I have to have Part A Medicade "In case you have to go to a civil hospital for something the VA can't handle". I served 8 years for what? Dizzy

Post edited by: cptblack, at: 03/12/2012 11:53 AM

03/12/2012 07:37 PM
fobs12

it's got the potential to help a lot fo people but it's also got the ability to screw over everyone. My wife got popped for continuing disability revaluation after 4 years of being on SSDI and they keep sending her packets to fill out asking the same questions. It just looks like that they are trying to see if she can consistently answer the same questions.

Share this discussion with your friends:

Disclaimer: The information provided in MDJunction is not a replacement for medical diagnosis, treatment, or professional medical advice.
In case of EMERGENCY call 911 or 1.800.273.TALK (8255) to the National Suicide Prevention Lifeline. Read more.
Contact Us | About Us
Copyright (c) 2006-2014 MDJunction.com All Rights Reserved