MDJunction - People Helping People

Ask a Question
02/19/2012 02:18 PM

can we fall in love ?

geminicat

I am having some probs in my relationship....sometimes I feel like he is the one and sometimes i want to run away...do other people feel this way in relationships ? sometimes i look at him and feel absolutely nothing..others i just want to kiss him and tell him i love him. it can even be in the same day or even the same hour.

is this my meds ? my moods ? or is he just not the right one ? i dont feel like i have ever really been "in love" but i do know that i have loved people.

i also have alot of disassociation issues probably having to do with my ptsd...i dunno..just wanted to put that out there and see if anyone has any thoughts ?

02/21/2012 09:56 AM
lken
lken  
VIP Member

sounds like ptsd, not getting close, taking a chance, i have been going through this for a long time, 2 past marriages, even withs kids, now with new relationship, guess i got lucky this time and found a more understanding person. who has patience, and need patience for sure, i even need patience to myself. it is a deep dark energy that is hidden a way.

Post edited by: lken, at: 02/21/2012 10:00 AM

02/23/2012 02:56 PM
hypnagogic
hypnagogic  
VIP Member
I'm an Advocate

I think that sometimes, regardless of the condition(s) we have, it can and or may skew our viewpoint and emotions. If my bipolar disorder can make me feel frustrated for no reason at all then it would be safe to say, in my opinion, that it can also affect the way we act and react to relationships. I've had mixed states and thought that communication within my family has been the pits and suggested that we go to family counseling. Once the mixed state passed, there was no issue with communication.

Share this discussion with your friends:

Disclaimer: The information provided in MDJunction is not a replacement for medical diagnosis, treatment, or professional medical advice.
In case of EMERGENCY call 911 or 1.800.273.TALK (8255) to the National Suicide Prevention Lifeline. Read more.
Contact Us | About Us
Copyright (c) 2006-2014 MDJunction.com All Rights Reserved