MDJunction - People Helping People

Ask a Question
10/03/2011 02:12 PM

Just wanted to hear "good job"

MsAspiring
MsAspiring  

Well we are all moved in. The move went really well but I had to leave a few things behind because there was no room in the UHAUL. Robert called this morning. He is mad that I left some things behind and he was saying we probably didn't pack the truck right. Also you all know I am a blonde and well I completely forgot about a closet. I forgot every jacket and coat I own and my Christmas tree! James (the guy that moved me and the guy I was talking about in my "Feeling empty" thread) might bring the stuff to me. I told him to sell what I didn't have room to take,and use the money to come spend a weekend with me. He said that is what he would do. He is the first guy I have met that can match Robert. But anyways Robert pisses me off with saying we didn't pack the truck right and all that! I just wanted to hear "good job". I orchestrated all this by myself with very little money! And he wants to say we didn't pack the truck right! #!?#!!@!#

10/03/2011 02:19 PM
TexasYankee
TexasYankee  
VIP Member
I'm an Advocate

Fantastic job, April!!! Smile I am so very proud of you! Kissing

Moving is hard enough without adding our disorders to the mix. You did what you needed to do within your limits. That is very, very difficult when the funds are just not really there. It would have been easy to just sit down and not deal but you DID deal and got where you need to be right now. (may not be what you want but it is what you need)

As for Robert, I chalk that up as just a man thing. If I don't use that mind frame, I end up getting very pissed off. My husband does that too. He does it when I am driving mostly. I hate when he tells me what to do. Like I don't have a brain in my head. I swear they have no faith in anything we do. If you can, just try to shrug it off. Stuff is stuff. You moved for reasons that didn't have to do with stuff. Stuff is replaceable. Our sanity is not.

I wish I could give you a great BIG hug! I really am so proud of you!

10/03/2011 02:33 PM
JustJulie62
JustJulie62Posts: 925

Good job April! It's hard packing a UHaul! I used to be blonde too!Smile Now I'm a brunette and I still do blonde things....

10/03/2011 02:40 PM
Greytabby
Greytabby  
Group Leader
I'm an Advocate

hey april....i'm proud of you girl...good job...

kat

Smile

10/03/2011 03:12 PM
MsAspiring
MsAspiring  

Thanks everyone. I guess it is a part of my stockhelm snydrome that I need him to validate what I did. I am a little depressesed that he wasn't proud of me. I'm also a little upset that I'm out here by myself in this world - just me and my daughter. They wanted 3 emergency contacts for her at school and the only person I could put down is her Dad and he is two hours away. I hope it won't always be like this.

10/03/2011 03:17 PM
TexasYankee
TexasYankee  
VIP Member
I'm an Advocate

oh, hon, it won't always be like this. Give it some time. With your new job you will be able to meet people too.

Be patient and be kind to yourself. It will all come together in time.

I know what you mean about validation. That is important to me too. Just remember that you are STRONG no matter if anyone validates you or not. Smile

10/03/2011 03:34 PM
cptblack
cptblack  
VIP Member

Good job April. MsAspriring got it done and only missed one closet. I once moved and was rather proud until my son asked "Why is my room empty"? Luckily I still had the truck and got his room loaded and found TWO closets missed and a storage area under the stairs in the basement.

Blink

This was with two 'adults' ( a word I use loosely) in charge and a 6 year old running wild the whole time.

10/03/2011 04:10 PM
uppitywoman
uppitywoman  
VIP Member
I'm an Advocate

Way to go, April. You did better than I could have ever done. Spatial problems are WAY beyond me and if you managed to pack a UHaul and get all that you did in it, then good for you!

10/04/2011 06:47 PM
sparklehorse

You rock Ms Aspiring. Did you mention your daughter's aunt nearby? Just wondering if she could be a contact.

I have a feeling you will be making some good connections soon. With all you pulled off on your own, criticism on anyone's part toward you seems unnecessary and insensitive. You just keep on it.

Have you started your job yet?

10/05/2011 04:58 AM
MsAspiring
MsAspiring  

Thank you everyone. Yes her aunt lives nearby but I don't know her number. I guess she could be a contact but I would have to ask her. I started my new job yesterday and it is very laid back. It appears like it is a good and positive work environment. They mentioned that there is a need for a lead in a new project so that may be in the works for me. I guess they hire through temp services. Most people get in the door through a temp service, and then they have the option to hire them after 90 days. I guess they recognize what a true asset I am, because they hired me directly! That makes me feel good! Smile

Share this discussion with your friends:
<< Start < Prev 1 Next > End >>

Disclaimer: The information provided in MDJunction is not a replacement for medical diagnosis, treatment, or professional medical advice.
In case of EMERGENCY call 911 or 1.800.273.TALK (8255) to the National Suicide Prevention Lifeline. Read more.
Contact Us | About Us
Copyright (c) 2006-2014 MDJunction.com All Rights Reserved