MDJunction - People Helping People

Ask a Question
03/01/2011 01:09 PM

Hi, I'm a Newbie

sarahtroy
sarahtroy  
VIP Member
I'm an Advocate

Hi, I'm new to this group. I've had severe major depression (and suspected bipolar II) all my life and years of treatment with meds and psychotherapy with good adjustment. But I went through a serious of traumas from about 2003-2007, and came out the other end with diagnoses of Bipolar II, PTSD, Panic Attacks, and Alcoholism (in recovery since 3/21/07).

You could have knocked me over with a feather with the diagnosis of PTSD!!!

But it was true, I had all the symptoms of PTSD.... And I still do, even though I've made improvement with the bipolar and panic attacks and I am in recovery for alcoholism.

So, this is why I've joined this group. I'm truly a student here. I hope to learn from all of you.

Post edited by: sarahtroy, at: 03/01/2011 01:10 PM

Post edited by: sarahtroy, at: 03/01/2011 01:11 PM

03/13/2011 12:54 PM
Santa

Hi Im a Newbie too. Trying to get a grip on my life. Don't know which ends up from time to time. I was a cop for 30 years and lost my job as a result of a work related injury.I can be miserable and sad all the time. I see a Dr tomorrow and hope maybe I can get back on track. You hang in there!!

SantaSmile

03/13/2011 01:38 PM
sarahtroy
sarahtroy  
VIP Member
I'm an Advocate

Hi Santa! Good luck with your doctor's appointment tomorrow! I hope you get some of the help you need. Sarah Smile

Share this discussion with your friends:

Disclaimer: The information provided in MDJunction is not a replacement for medical diagnosis, treatment, or professional medical advice.
In case of EMERGENCY call 911 or 1.800.273.TALK (8255) to the National Suicide Prevention Lifeline. Read more.
Contact Us | About Us
Copyright (c) 2006-2014 MDJunction.com All Rights Reserved