MDJunction - People Helping People

Ask a Question
10/10/2010 04:36 PM

I can't stand it!

bpiiallen
bpiiallenPosts: 16972
VIP Member

I just can't stand the way I am feeling. I don't know if I am happy or sad. I am anxious and my heart if racing. I feel like I could run a marathon and cry at the same time. There are no words to say what is going on inside my head. I feel guilt, shame, anger, hopelessness, and despair all the while just pacing and crawling out of my skin. there have been so many things going on in a short amount of time and I am losing control. I never really had control so I guess I don't have anything to lose. I'm desprate!

10/10/2010 07:15 PM
Irishangel88
Irishangel88  
VIP Member

Best thing to do when that happens? get crayons (or paint) and just express yourself. Doesn't matter what comes of it, just matters that it gets OUT of your head.

10/11/2010 05:06 AM
TexasYankee
TexasYankee  
VIP Member
I'm an Advocate

Coloring. Fantastic idea. I do that when I am VERY restless. The only damn thing that can keep me parked to ride out the rollercoaster ride. I need to get me another grown up coloring book. I finished my Celtic one.

I hate feeling like you do too. And I do, often. I have klonopin to help with the anxiety but it does nothing for the pacing other than make me want a nap or something. Sometimes, a nap is the only cure for me when I can nap. Lately, that isn't an issue. I sleep way too much right now.

Hang in there and remember, as much as this sucks, it will pass. The only comfort to a bipolar is that "it too shall pass". The sucky part is "it too shall return again". It will be alright. You aren't alone, hon.

10/11/2010 06:22 AM
HiddenButterfly
HiddenButterfly  
VIP Member
I'm an Advocate

You are dealing. You are coping with all that is going on. Your uncle just died. That alone is going to make you have a ton of mixed emotions. Let the emotions flow and allow them tyo be expressed in a healthy way. Be it writing, coloring, painting, artwork, crafts, ripping up a phonebook, beating the bed with a tennis racket, whateverallow those feelings to come out. If you have the cash, go to a second hand store (goodwill, or the salvation army are great) and buy the ugliest set of dishes you can find. Take them to the woods and throw each peice at a tree, or large boulder. Before throwing them, say one negative thing that was told to you. Then imagine that thought as being the dish. When it smashes, see the thought breaking into a million peices. Then, if you can, replace the thought with something positive.

Brenda

10/11/2010 01:00 PM
UpdownGirl
UpdownGirl  

I love the dish idea. I have often broken things I wish I hadn't thrown before? Goodwill here I come. BP I hope you feel better soon. It sounds like you are having a terrible mixed episode. I have those and they are unbearable. Make sure you keep your doctor apprised of what's happening to you. Different or more medication may help. I have emergency low doses of Seroquel I can take when things start getting bad. It really helps.

Share this discussion with your friends:

Disclaimer: The information provided in MDJunction is not a replacement for medical diagnosis, treatment, or professional medical advice.
In case of EMERGENCY call 911 or 1.800.273.TALK (8255) to the National Suicide Prevention Lifeline. Read more.
Contact Us | About Us
Copyright (c) 2006-2014 MDJunction.com All Rights Reserved