MDJunction - People Helping People

Ask a Question
11/18/2013 07:14 PM

Order of Non-Hospitalization

johndecicco

My daughter has been in the psych ward for about 3 months. ALthough improving, they asked her to sign an order of non-hospitalization (ONH). I asked that we read it together before signing anything. Next thing I know, she told me that her lawyer signed it for her.

I met with her psychiatrist today and told her that the ONH is void as my daughter didn't sign it, and we were not afforded the opportunity of reading it. The doc agreed.

I understand that an ONH means that she must adhere to requirements while out in the community. If she "violates" any of the orders, she can be recommitted for either 3 or 12 months.

It seems to me that she is being set up to fail.

Does anyone have experience with ONHs?

Thanks,

John

Vermont

11/19/2013 09:56 PM
Greytabby
Greytabby  
VIP Member
I'm an Advocate

I'm afraid I don't know anything about it... Anyone else?

11/21/2013 04:56 AM
bobo24
bobo24  
Group Leader

I was really curious and wanted to understand it. I tried to so some research on the internet. I really didnot understand it enough to try and explain it. The best piece of adive I can give is to try and so the research and hopefully you can understand it . Or try and call an attorney, alot of attorney's wiil give will explain for free. bobo24

Share this discussion with your friends:

Disclaimer: The information provided in MDJunction is not a replacement for medical diagnosis, treatment, or professional medical advice.
In case of EMERGENCY call 911 or 1.800.273.TALK (8255) to the National Suicide Prevention Lifeline. Read more.
Contact Us | About Us
Copyright (c) 2006-2014 MDJunction.com All Rights Reserved