MDJunction - People Helping People

Ask a Question
02/19/2012 07:14 PM

monday blues

geminicat

anyone else get the monday blues ? i have been working retail for so long and never really had a monday cuz my schedule changed all the time and i hardly ever got two days off in a row.

Now i work mon-fri and i find myself panicking sunday nite about going back to work on monday...i need a three day weekend...two to play and one to rest...

any thoughts or advice ? i have wanted this type of schedule for years and now that i have it, it is going to be an adjustment !

02/19/2012 09:23 PM
youngfilly
youngfilly  
VIP Member

I think the monday blues is a condition that affects most of the working population so you are definately not alone!

Even after I start a new job after a period of unemployment I find it hard to wake up on a monday Smile

I feel for you working in retail, I have done my time there and at times it gets so damn frustrating. One time there was only me and my boss at the store and it is a popular store. He had the flu but had to be there. I am manning the cash register when I run out of change because for some unknown reason everyone had $50 notes that day. So I try to call him and get no reply, I swear I was calling for over an hour. Then I come down to my last few gold coins and get yet another $50 note. Im sure u understand that by this point I am frustrated, the line is getting longer and the stupid customer gets cranky with me cause I am stressed. So I broke down, one of the customers in line new the boss and went looking for him. He comes out, I give him a serve infront of all the customers I really did not hold back! Anyway he gets change and sends me on my break. He did apologise a lot and after that they made sure there were enough staff in the store!

02/20/2012 06:12 PM
geminicat

sounds like a frustrating experience youngfilly. my last manager is one of the reasons i quit my last job...she was a true nightmare (stealing and a total biatch).

i did make it to work today, but boy oh boy did i stay in bed til the very last minute ! i just hate getting up :0(

02/20/2012 08:13 PM
youngfilly
youngfilly  
VIP Member

getting up in winter is just horrible because the bed is so warm but the room is so cold!

02/21/2012 05:53 PM
geminicat

yes yes yes !! i do hate that...and the toilet seat is cold, lol

02/24/2012 05:07 PM
youngfilly
youngfilly  
VIP Member

lol yep and it is freezing when you get out of the shower!

03/02/2012 08:27 AM
mrbill81
mrbill81  

Right before you get out of the shower turn the water all the way to cold and stand there for as long as you can. When you get out it makes the room feel nice and warm Smile

03/02/2012 04:39 PM
Perseverance
Perseverance  

Lol!!! You all made me smile today Smile Thank you!!! The winter sucks Smile Lets pray for an early summer!!

03/03/2012 04:02 AM
youngfilly
youngfilly  
VIP Member

Hahaha mrbill, nice idea but I don't think i could stay long enough in the cold water to make it work!

Share this discussion with your friends:

Disclaimer: The information provided in MDJunction is not a replacement for medical diagnosis, treatment, or professional medical advice.
In case of EMERGENCY call 911 or 1.800.273.TALK (8255) to the National Suicide Prevention Lifeline. Read more.
Contact Us | About Us
Copyright (c) 2006-2014 MDJunction.com All Rights Reserved