MDJunction - People Helping People

Ask a Question
02/06/2012 03:28 PM

Work and Illness

IDoNotKnow
IDoNotKnow  
VIP Member

I am sorry to start a topic that is not really related to bipolar but I wanted your advice. I am sick AGAIN. I have been sick three times in a months time. I use hand sanitizer and wash my hands constantly. In fact my hand are splitting and bleeding because I use hand sanitizer so much! What am I doing wrong?

I do have to say that I do have Lupus as well so my immune system is fighting itself and not at its best but this is crazy. I catch EVERYTHING the kids get.

In case you don't know I am a music teacher.

I also read one of your threads that reminded me of the following... I am a bit "hypomanicy" or "manicy" and my kids at school notice. I have been asked if I was "crazy". This one is better though... "Did you have crazy puffs for breakfast?" I have had kids tell me I was speaking too fast and that I needed to slow down. The list goes on and on. I love my kids at school. They like the "manicy" me. It is just the other side that presents a problem!

02/06/2012 03:31 PM
taters
taters  

I get what you mean. I was manic all last year, so I was the administrations darling. Now, I am in a depression, so I went from sugar to $hit in six months. I can't take it anymore. I cry instead of eat lunch. I cry while I get ready for work. This is no way to live. I hate this.

02/06/2012 10:05 PM
youngfilly
youngfilly  
VIP Member

Aww IDNK, I know you have been struggling with illness for a long time now. You are still working with your Drs to get on top of your immunity issues?

It's good you sanitise your hands, since they are splitting a lot have you tried hand moisturiser? the constant washing will be taking moisture out of your skin drying it out.

Taters I know how you feel, I get myself so worked up at night that I can't sleep and end up emotional wreak. Hang in there and take some time for you to do things you like. Have you considered taking some stress leave from work just so you can take a time out?

02/10/2012 03:37 PM
IDoNotKnow
IDoNotKnow  
VIP Member

Taters I am so sorry you are struggling. I was on a medical leave and just came back about a month ago so to me it is still rather fresh. I know what it is like after months and months when things are not going well. Do you have any personal days? We get three. Can you take those days and do something you really enjoy. We still have several weeks before spring break. I am trying to think of something that would help you out. Keep going... Things WILL change I promise!

Share this discussion with your friends:

Disclaimer: The information provided in MDJunction is not a replacement for medical diagnosis, treatment, or professional medical advice.
In case of EMERGENCY call 911 or 1.800.273.TALK (8255) to the National Suicide Prevention Lifeline. Read more.
Contact Us | About Us
Copyright (c) 2006-2014 MDJunction.com All Rights Reserved