MDJunction - People Helping People

Ask a Question
04/18/2011 04:23 AM

Disappointment at work

nvrsubtle
nvrsubtle  
I'm an Advocate

I was just wondering how everyone deals with disappointment at work? I know for me I try to look at the best in everything and with this potential promotion within my reach, I am curious how others deal with disappointment as I am hoping for the best but palnning for the worse.

Post edited by: nvrsubtle, at: 04/18/2011 10:48 AM

04/18/2011 10:47 AM
nvrsubtle
nvrsubtle  
I'm an Advocate

I like the way you think.... I will have to start doing that!

04/19/2011 02:31 AM
ApRiLGeTsAngry77

I always say I hope for the best and can cope with the worst. What kind of disappointment are you talking about? Is it not getting a promotion? I have been there. What I did was used the person that got the promtion as a mentor. I hope this helps. I need more information to give a more detailed answer.

04/19/2011 04:55 AM
nvrsubtle
nvrsubtle  
I'm an Advocate

Yes April it has to do with getting the promotion that I have worked so hard to get. I know the process is long and hard. I know that my DM feels that I am qualifed and have the most pertinent job history both in my current job and past job experience. There are other factors that figure in. I am the best fit for the job as I will be accepted by my peers. They all feel that I should get the job. If the company goes outside the store and promotes someone else, I will accept whoever they promote or hire but I think an outsider will damage the close knit management team we have in the store. All I can do is wait at this point and see what happens. I will keep everyone posted as I go through the process.

Post edited by: nvrsubtle, at: 04/19/2011 04:55 AM

Post edited by: nvrsubtle, at: 04/19/2011 07:16 AM

04/19/2011 04:35 PM
LLEE70

I just try to come home and I shower at night and imagine that I am washing the day off of me. It truly helps me feel that tomorrow is another day. I also vent to my husband and to my parents, when appropriate. I had a rough year at my job with 2 transfers, disappointment with some of the actions of senior management and their seemingly lack of consideration for their workforce. I vented to my manger pretty gently some of my disappointment in early March. It was pretty cathartic at first But in retrospect, I wish I had kept my mouth shut because now, I fear that I might be a bit of a " target". Best of luck to you and whatever happens, remember that it happened for a reason.

Share this discussion with your friends:

Disclaimer: The information provided in MDJunction is not a replacement for medical diagnosis, treatment, or professional medical advice.
In case of EMERGENCY call 911 or 1.800.273.TALK (8255) to the National Suicide Prevention Lifeline. Read more.
Contact Us | About Us
Copyright (c) 2006-2014 MDJunction.com All Rights Reserved