MDJunction - People Helping People

Ask a Question
03/15/2008 02:33 PM

Prayer for daughter

singingangel

Last night or early this morning at 1 am my daughter got a bad laceration that also had a ruptured blood vessell. She lost over 2 liters of blood. The drs almost did blood transfusion. They had two saline ivs to try to keep blood pressure up. Even with that her blood pressure went extremely low. After surgery they took blood again and blood count real bad. The dr told me all her vital numbers were bad and she probably would need the transfusion. This time with two saline ivs her vitals started to go up. The dr told me because she is 20 she could go home but no cell phone, laptop,etc. Drink fluids and eat ligh and gradually go to reg. diet.

Please pray for strength for my daughter. her name is Melanie. I greatly appreciate it. I understand more than pain those who have lost a child feel. I know your pain was and is greater. I pray that I am able with God's help give you the support you all need. I am glad we support one another. We are a great support group.

Thanks for the prayers

Lori

03/15/2008 02:55 PM
southern10
southern10  
VIP Member

My prayers are with you and Melanie....God will give you and your daughter the strength....Im here if you want to talk or pm me..Big Hugs Southern

03/15/2008 03:06 PM
joytobefreee
joytobefreee  

You have my prayers and special angel to help comfort and give you all the strength your whole fmaily needs to get through this traumatic time. Always am here for you my very dear friend.

Love ya,

Sisoe

03/15/2008 03:19 PM
Jenna4849
Jenna4849  

You and your family are in my thoughts and prayers .I pray that God gives you and your family the strength that you need and your duaghter to heal soon.If you need a shoulder to lean on or cry on I'm heer for you please feel free to get a hold of me .God bless you and your family .Take care sweetie .Big warm hugs to you and your daughter . Love, Jenna

03/15/2008 03:31 PM
joytobefreee
joytobefreee  

Ok forgive the typos fingers just are not working right today. And no I do not have a new name it is still Susie....lol

03/15/2008 03:34 PM
Jenna4849
Jenna4849  

LOL.....Don't worry I do it all the time I forget how to spell my own name too LOL

03/15/2008 05:23 PM
singingangel

Thanks for all the prayers. She is asking for drink now. She needs lots of fluids.

03/15/2008 05:47 PM
joytobefreee
joytobefreee  

No thanks are needed. I am amazed that they sent her home after losing that much blood, but then again most things the medical field does now floors me so nothing new I guess. Glad to here that she is feeling better

Love ya,

Susie

03/15/2008 06:05 PM
singingangel

I was told because she was young she would bounce back in a few days. If she was even 30 she would have had a blood transfusion. I still wonder about if they shouldnt have. She cant walk by herself. She is too weak. Doesnt even want to see any friends or call them. says she is too weak to do that too. You know she cant be feeling good. She is very pale. Even lips are white. Im glad she is wanting to drink and eat. Impraying she will replace her blood quickly.

Thanks again. I really appreciate it more than you know. It shook me up seeing all that bloodand then overhear the dr say vitals bad need blood transfusion. Then cleaning up blood when we got home out of bathroom. I thought about how horrible it is for you all who have lost a child. I pray you all find peace and comfort.

03/15/2008 06:16 PM
Snoopy30
Snoopy30  

my dear friend you and Melanie are in my prayers. since my own daughter is of about the same age I can imagine what you are going through. Just keep her resting and filled with fluids like the doctors said. I'm sure in know time she'll look like her old self again. Keep us posted

Share this discussion with your friends:
<< Start < Prev 1 Next > End >>

Disclaimer: The information provided in MDJunction is not a replacement for medical diagnosis, treatment, or professional medical advice.
In case of EMERGENCY call 911 or 1.800.273.TALK (8255) to the National Suicide Prevention Lifeline. Read more.
Contact Us | About Us
Copyright (c) 2006-2014 MDJunction.com All Rights Reserved