MDJunction - People Helping People

Ask a Question
05/29/2009 04:22 PM

Loss of a Sister and Best Friend!

TexasKita

About a month ago on April 30th 2009 I got the worse call of my life it was my aunt calling me telling me that my older sister 24 (only 17 months older then me) was in an ambulance getting reccesiated and the paramedics told my family that if anyone wanted to see her they had to come fast. I started panicking and telling my self "she is going to be okay" "she can't pass away she is my best friend and so young we have so many plans together"

I then started frantically packing a bag because I was 3 and a half hours away and I had to go and see her. My roommate helped me because I was in shock and had not a clue what to do.

Then finally after my roommate finally helped me get my things together we went to her car because she was going to drive me to go see my sister because i was in no condition to drive.

Then I got the second call from my aunt and I could tell that she was trying to tell me my sister was gone but I know she just couldn't so I said it for her and dropped everything in my hand, dropped to the ground and screamed. I didn't understand how this could happen to her she was my best friend.

The drive was so long but so short all at the same time. When I finally got to the hospital I saw all my family there it just seemed all so unreal. We all stood around not really knowing what to do but cry.

My life turned around all in the blink of an eye.

We do not yet have a final autopsy report back but what we do know is that she had a huge blood clot in her right leg that broke up and when to both lungs at the exact same time.

I am having a hard time dealing with this because she was my other half we grew up as best friends that would do anything for each other. I just got engaged in march of this year and asked her to be my maid of honor. I am just so sad that she won't be there for my wedding or when I graduate from college in december. when I have kids, it just hurts so bad because I feel I lost my best friend that would love me unconditionally no matter what I did! She was an amazing person that always did everything for me just to make me smile...I miss our hours of talking about absolutely nothing. I miss her so so so much! Sad

05/29/2009 09:25 PM
Peace4Rach
Peace4Rach  
Group Leader

I'm so sorry. That must have been devestating and shocking for you, loosing your sister still so young. My deepsest sympathy to you. This is a caring supportive group and I hope you will find some comforting understanding ears. Grief and loss is so painful and all of us are no strangers to this pain. Hugs to you. Rachele

05/30/2009 09:16 AM
Lilsis
Lilsis  

I am very sorry for you loss. I am sitting here with tears in my eyes as i too have lost my big sis, my best friend, the pain is so fresh. I at the moment am feeling so lost for words as this echos my loss. My heart is there with you and I believe you will find great people here with great strength and support. Please post as often as you need your cries do not go unheard. Sad xx

Thinking of you x

Karen

05/30/2009 10:54 AM
snichols11
snichols11  

I am so sorry for your loss. That call....where you get the message that someone has died unexpectedly, or when you are the caller..is horrifying. I've been on both ends, and I'm so sorry for you and your family. There are simply no words to say.

We are always here, if you need an outlet, or just someone to tell your story to.

Sara

05/30/2009 12:52 PM
stephimm
stephimm  

I, too, am so sorry for your loss. The words to tell you how much escape me. This is a very supportive group. We are here.

05/30/2009 02:09 PM
southern10
southern10  
VIP Member

Im sorry for your loss too. My heart goes out to you..This is a very caring and understanding group. Know we are here for you and your not alone here..(((((Hugs)))))

06/01/2009 07:56 AM
CarrieUCF84
CarrieUCF84  

I too, am so very sorry to hear of your sudden and unexpected loss. I can only imagine the shock and pain you must be going through right now. Please know that we're all hear to listen and understand the incredible pain that comes with losing a loved one. Please take care of yourself during this time and know we're thinking of you.

06/01/2009 12:47 PM
Nevayda

VIP Member

Im glad you found this group. You will find compassion and support here. How devestated you must feel to have lost such a fine sister. I am very sorry.

Share this discussion with your friends:

Disclaimer: The information provided in MDJunction is not a replacement for medical diagnosis, treatment, or professional medical advice.
In case of EMERGENCY call 911 or 1.800.273.TALK (8255) to the National Suicide Prevention Lifeline. Read more.
Contact Us | About Us
Copyright (c) 2006-2014 MDJunction.com All Rights Reserved