MDJunction - People Helping People

Ask a Question
04/20/2009 12:02 PM

Who does one talk to(page 2)

AmyBerry
AmyBerry  

Nancy, no one could ever tell you when it's time to move on and when your grieving should be over. As it's been mentioned, there are support groups out there, and even though I have only posted here a short time, I feel that everyone here would listen to you and never tell you to "get over it."

With that being said, it will be 3 years in July that my uncle passed away and I am still grieving. Even though the pain is less raw, there are still days that I look at his picture and just sob until there are no more tears left.

Your boyfriend obviously meant a great deal to you, and although you may come to a time that you feel you are ready to date again, they will never replace him in your heart or your memory. I am learning that even though I am grieving, it's ok to still be happy and enjoy the things I once did. I'm not at that point yet (because of the recent passing of my grandpa), but I am joining a support group in my area very soon.

If you ever need to talk, I'm always here!

Post edited by: AmyBerry, at: 04/20/2009 12:03 PM

04/20/2009 06:12 PM
Nancy1

Amy, it's difficult to remember that it really is ok to still be happy and enjoy things. Yesterday I went out with some friends and had a good time but I felt a lot of anxiety right after that and thought that maybe it was to soon to look for distractions.

04/20/2009 06:20 PM
AmyBerry
AmyBerry  

Oh don't I know it Nancy. I'm right there with ya. I was talked into going to my inlaws house for Easter, the day after we buried my grandpa. There were so many people there that I felt as though I was in a tunnel and trapped. I spent most of the time there outside. I wanted to go home, but I didn't want to ruin Easter for my kids.

After dessert, I told my husband that I really wasn't feeling well and needed to go home. Luckily they only live a mile away, so if he really wanted, he could have just brought me home and went back to his mom's, I wouldn't have minded at all, but he and the kids were ready to go home as well. We were all emotionally drained.

04/20/2009 06:25 PM
Nancy1

You had the same feelings I did. I can understand very well that you were emotionally drained and felt trapped. Luckily you were able to leave and get back to your own private thoughts and feelings.

04/20/2009 06:31 PM
AmyBerry
AmyBerry  

I see people outside enjoying the nice weather and having fun and wonder if that will ever be me again. Know what I mean?

04/20/2009 06:34 PM
Nancy1

Yes I do know what you mean. But beautiful sunny days usually make me feel good "just because" and perhaps it's a good idea to go out for awhile and soak up some of the sun.

04/20/2009 06:37 PM
AmyBerry
AmyBerry  

My husband asked me yesterday if I wanted to go out on a bike ride with him because it was a beautiful, warm, sunny day. I declined. Perhaps I should take him up on it the next time he asks. Even if it's only for 10 minutes.

04/20/2009 06:39 PM
Nancy1

That sounds like a super idea. You may even extend it to 20 minutes. Let me know when you take that bike ride and how it was.

04/20/2009 08:18 PM
AmyBerry
AmyBerry  

Will do. Smile Baby steps is what I go by.

04/21/2009 10:06 AM
snichols11
snichols11  

Baby steps indeed. Good for you guys!

Share this discussion with your friends:
<< Start < Prev 2 Next > End >>

Disclaimer: The information provided in MDJunction is not a replacement for medical diagnosis, treatment, or professional medical advice.
In case of EMERGENCY call 911 or 1.800.273.TALK (8255) to the National Suicide Prevention Lifeline. Read more.
Contact Us | About Us
Copyright (c) 2006-2014 MDJunction.com All Rights Reserved