MDJunction - People Helping People

Ask a Question
12/30/2011 10:45 AM

a good thing?

mollymae2002
mollymae2002  

I just wantex to thank all that, has helped me through the holidays and all. Its been 7 months since i have SI. I dont know how,i did it But i have. A BIG thanks to all of you. Im slowly getting thefe still working on some stuff. up love you all......Tongue

01/03/2012 06:34 AM
Peace4Rach
Peace4Rach  
Group Leader

Amy, you are welcome. Holidays are just the hardest of all to deal with for many of us. How long has it been since your Dad passed?

01/03/2012 08:55 PM
mollymae2002
mollymae2002  

It will be three years in, may

01/04/2012 06:05 AM
mollymae2002
mollymae2002  

Well I went to the dr yesterday and we talked. About my rosacea, and high blood preasure and th he depression thanks to my therapist. She put me on Zolpidem 10mg sleeping and fluoxetine 20mg for depression

01/04/2012 06:16 AM
Peace4Rach
Peace4Rach  
Group Leader

I'm glad to hear that Amy. There comes a time when bereavement and loss of a loved one can lead to depression and it really is something to get treatment for. Sometimes a little bit of medication can make a difference and help you feel better and more able to function. Let us know how it works and how you make out with it. Hugs,Rachele

01/05/2012 05:25 AM
vikingfan
vikingfan  
Group Leader

For myself, I don't want Rx medication to control my feelings. There are so many good herbal vitamins to help out with every problem in your life and they are not addicting. We do what we have to do and if the meds work, by all means take them. I'm only talking about myself and who knows, I could end up with antidepressants yet. My son has been on Paxyl since he was 20 and is now 33. I wish he could get off. I was on ambien for about 3 months after my son died, and I could feel myself getting addicted, so I went off.

I hope it all works out for you. It really is no fun to feel sad all the time.

Sue

01/05/2012 05:27 PM
Peace4Rach
Peace4Rach  
Group Leader

The antidepressant Paxil is one that many don't seem to like much. I'm not crazy about being on a antidressant and sleep med but apparently when I have stopped it, I relapse. I have found some sucess with Vitamin D for depression in the past and I have to add it again because I stopped taking it in the end of last Spring when I felt better. There are other herbals too like St. Johns Wart but I would suggest doing your own reading and research on anyting you take. Rachele

Share this discussion with your friends:

Disclaimer: The information provided in MDJunction is not a replacement for medical diagnosis, treatment, or professional medical advice.
In case of EMERGENCY call 911 or 1.800.273.TALK (8255) to the National Suicide Prevention Lifeline. Read more.
Contact Us | About Us
Copyright (c) 2006-2014 MDJunction.com All Rights Reserved