MDJunction - People Helping People

Ask a Question
12/05/2011 05:38 AM

Old school friend has tragically died..

kcchiefette
kcchiefette  

An old friend of mine from school has died in a car accident on Sunday morning. I used to be quite close to her at one point, but lets just say we had our ups and downs.. fall outs etc. We grew up together in the same form class for 7 years. I just can't get over what has happened. She was only 19.

I feel fear, as well as sadness. I'm terrified of driving my own car now, especially as it has been snowing recently. I feel guilt over the fact I wasn't the nicest person to her at times when we had arguments.

Sorry for this post, I just wanted to vent out somewhere Sad

12/06/2011 07:01 AM
Peace4Rach
Peace4Rach  
Group Leader

I'm sorry for the tragic loss of your friend recently. No need to feel sorry for posting. We all need somewhere to vent our feelings and pain. Loosing someone is devestating and finding people who understand what it's like is important. There are so many emotions and feelings to grief. Fearing our own mortality often comes along with the loss of someone we knew and cared about. It's normal what you feel and good to share these feelings. It takes quite some time to heal from a loss but with some good support in your life, you can make it. Share anytime. We know the pain of grief here. Rachele

Share this discussion with your friends:

Disclaimer: The information provided in MDJunction is not a replacement for medical diagnosis, treatment, or professional medical advice.
In case of EMERGENCY call 911 or 1.800.273.TALK (8255) to the National Suicide Prevention Lifeline. Read more.
Contact Us | About Us
Copyright (c) 2006-2014 MDJunction.com All Rights Reserved