MDJunction - People Helping People

Ask a Question
07/26/2011 07:45 PM

My Grandfather passed away 1 year ago Today

Veronica32
Veronica32  

Today Its been a year that my Granfather passed away. i miss him terribly. He was everything to me. Not a day goes by that I dont think of him. I love you Grampy.

07/27/2011 05:28 AM
vikingfan
vikingfan  
Group Leader

I'm so sorry about your Granpa. Start some kind of tradition to honor his memory.

For my son we release baloons or light a candle, or cook his favorite foods or all of these things. It helps a little.

Sue

07/27/2011 07:42 AM
Peace4Rach
Peace4Rach  
Group Leader

Hi Veronica sorry for your loss. One year anniversarys' can be really hard to cope with. All the pain and grief comes back again. It's ok to grieve and cry if you need to. Maybe you can as Sue said do something to remember him in a positive light as well. With my mom's passing/ and anniversary date, I cry and grief but try to remember her too with the laughs we hared, the thing we enjoyed. Sometimes I go somewhere she may have liked. Depends on how I feel. I really try not to put any expectations on myself but lighting a candle or some of Sue's suggestions are nice. Thinking of you. Rachele

07/28/2011 09:38 PM
Veronica32
Veronica32  

I spent the Day Remembering all the good Memories about my Granfather. I have been crying a lot but I know that Its going to yake time to heal. I am working on something right now I am writing something in my Granfathers memory I am trying to keep myself busy as much as possible. I really appreciate everyones support it means so much to me during this tough time.

07/30/2011 02:31 PM
Peace4Rach
Peace4Rach  
Group Leader

I'm glad you remembered the good times of your grandfather, Veronica. I remember lots of good things with my mom. Missing is the hard part. Bittersweet are the anniversaries for me, as I near the 4th year of my mom's death. Good times there were, plenty that make me smile, laugh and yet cry almost all at the same time. Support does mean alot and I too did plenty or writing and keeping busy and distracted. Hugs to you, Rachele

Share this discussion with your friends:

Disclaimer: The information provided in MDJunction is not a replacement for medical diagnosis, treatment, or professional medical advice.
In case of EMERGENCY call 911 or 1.800.273.TALK (8255) to the National Suicide Prevention Lifeline. Read more.
Contact Us | About Us
Copyright (c) 2006-2014 MDJunction.com All Rights Reserved