MDJunction - People Helping People

Ask a Question
12/15/2008 10:10 AM

My son's friend died Friday

mamanordy

Well here I am. I am desperately in need of support. I am not handling the death of one of my son's closest friends very well. I am having a hard time processing it. I usually always break down when someone close to me dies, but this time, I havent, yet. I feel numb, emotionless, angry, in denial, quiet and all I want to do is sleep.

The funeral is Wednesday. I am glad it will be that soon.

12/15/2008 10:31 AM
paced319

I am so sorry about ur Loss. My son's close friend was killed in a car accident few months ago and I knew him since he was a child. He was 21. I still feel bad that my son had to deal with the whole thing while we were out of town. I still cannot believe it because he lived down the street and I saw him almost daily. Now I try to avoid the street because I feel sick since I lost my nephew in a car accident at 21 and their houses r right across from each other.

I pray that God grant u the strength and the courage to be there and help ur son out because boys don't show their emotions as we do. May he rest in peace. God help his parents and give u all some peace and acceptance.

My heart is aching 4 u. Warm hugs of comfort to u and ur son.

Post edited by: paced319, at: 12/15/2008 10:35

12/15/2008 12:22 PM
southern10
southern10  
VIP Member

I am so sorry for your losses.Sad You and family members will be in my prayers and thoughts . My deepest sympathy to you and know that we are here for you....((((((((((((((Hugs))))))))))))))

12/15/2008 05:02 PM
AndysCandi

Hi mamanordy how are you doing? I'm very sorry for what you're going through. We're here to listen.

BIG Hugz,

Ange

12/16/2008 05:55 AM
Peace4Rach
Peace4Rach  
Group Leader

I understand all those feelings of numbness, anger, shock, just being all over the place and not be able to focus or process things. The grief overrides everthing for some time, as we walk in a fog. Know we are here and understand what you are going through. You always have a place to come for support here. Love and hugs, Rachele

12/16/2008 09:43 AM
snichols11
snichols11  

There are many different ways grief handles us. That's right, I don't think we handle grief, I think for awhile grief has its way with us. It's scary to think about when the truth will set in. My sympathy for you & your son. Sometimes, too, I think our minds protect themselves in various ways.

XOXO Sara

12/16/2008 10:13 AM
mamanordy

Thanks for your replies. I am still numb, I have barely cried and that is not like me at all. I feel as if I am living in a dream world right now and that I will wake up and it will have been just a dream.

I have never reacted like this before to a death, I have no idea what is going on.

Share this discussion with your friends:

Disclaimer: The information provided in MDJunction is not a replacement for medical diagnosis, treatment, or professional medical advice.
In case of EMERGENCY call 911 or 1.800.273.TALK (8255) to the National Suicide Prevention Lifeline. Read more.
Contact Us | About Us
Copyright (c) 2006-2014 MDJunction.com All Rights Reserved