MDJunction - People Helping People

Ask a Question
06/08/2009 06:47 PM

"worst" case?

sheilah

The neurologist at my Hmo Indicated tonight that mine is " one of the worst cases she has seen" and suggested that I stop reading! I have been trying to read with the non damaged eye *(that continues to leak and water and I will see an opthamologist in 2 days...perhaps more problems because of Bell's) I seldom go out...walking outside with the eye patch and the dark glasses ...very unsteady & I am afraid to fall. Reading..with the"useful" eye is really all that sustains me...not reading...the thought of it makes me even more despondent.

Trying to stay "positive" with Bell's and being barbed wire surrounded with and by more and more limitations makes me think, at times, that life has become too hard with this affliction and without any "end" in sight...and sight diminished...how does one go on? S.

06/10/2009 10:13 PM
hanginginthere

sheilah,

You need to get a grip! Life goes on no matter what hand is dealt to us.

This may be the worst case your doctor has seen, but how many Bell's Palsy cases has she seen...Are you from a big city or a small town?

Your despondency is worrying me and I need you to know that in time it will get better. I know that is not the answer you are looking for right now, as it wasn't for me a year ago, but it will.

Buck up and live your life! Don't think of limitations...that just limits you.

Think positive and positive things will occur in your life!!!

Hugs!!!

06/11/2009 10:32 AM
sheilah

well, my back went down hill 2 days ago & terrible muscle spasma and on muscle relax pills and also on an anti depressant now...I have never in my life (& I am 70) been kind to pills and medicines..I'venever neede/wanted/taken anything...I don't think the acupunture is doing much, if anything....

I feel weak and dejected and so despondent...when I am on line, I see that people have this for years! At almost 71, I don't have "years" to remain patient...nothing seems to help this Sheilah

06/11/2009 09:46 PM
hanginginthere

sheilah,

Not all of us has had Bell's Palsy for years! You could be in the minority too...

Keep an open mind and please don't feel like this is the end of the world for you!

Yes. At your age, it is unfair and frightening, but you sound like a strong person.

Keep the faith and hang in there...

Hugs!!!

06/12/2009 06:08 AM
sheilah

yes, but I feel that I can barely go on...I am now in 7th week and I see no ending, everything in my life has changed...I can't work, going out with eye patch and sunglasses makes walking precarious...My life has lost its center & its edges...Sheilah

06/12/2009 06:09 AM
sheilah

hanginginthre...I appreciate your support...my back spasms..surely brought on by the amount of stress I am under...all is so very difficult for me and only 7 weeks ago, I felt just fine...now, nothing in me feels at all well

06/14/2009 09:40 PM
hanginginthere

sheilah,

What are you talking about??? YES!!! YOU CAN AND WILL GO ON!!! Do I have to come out to L.A. to give you a kick in the you know what???

Life hasn't ended, it's a setback.

You will get through this horrible disease, but need to stay strong...I don't want to hear "No" either!!!

It is difficult and you are only in your second month...Many people are feeling better or fully recovered after twelve weeks.

Give it time!!! RELAX, REST and GET OUT THERE AND LIVE YOUR LIFE! Wear a burka if you have to...WHO CARES???? You need to get out. Do you have family or friends who can accompany you???

I feel you are shutting down on us! Don't let this get you down because it's only a setback...

(((HUGS!!!)))

06/15/2009 07:45 AM
sheilah

well, a burka...I hadn't thought of that! My younger daughter , lives near me , but with a toddler with all sorts of medical needs...my daughter in nursing school & she has managed to "invent" time to accompany me to so many appointments..but today will go to the acupuncturist alone, driving...I try to do things on my own...often, I don't feel "well"...I know that my speech is slurred and I look "peculiar" and the eye...no matter what I do...drops, ointment, patch, dark glasses...it is always a problem...it leaks so much and I know the vision is compromised & blurred on it...did you have that with your eye? Will my vision return to "normal" when Bell's decides to leave me...if ever? S.

Share this discussion with your friends:

Disclaimer: The information provided in MDJunction is not a replacement for medical diagnosis, treatment, or professional medical advice.
In case of EMERGENCY call 911 or 1.800.273.TALK (8255) to the National Suicide Prevention Lifeline. Read more.
Contact Us | About Us
Copyright (c) 2006-2014 MDJunction.com All Rights Reserved