MDJunction - People Helping People

Ask a Question
04/25/2010 06:25 PM

When it does heal?

kochere444

when Bells Palsy does heal does it heal over night like it came, or does it take time to go completely go back to normal?

04/25/2010 08:12 PM
Alya
AlyaPosts: 301

I'm sure you will have lots of responses on this one! Perhaps, I am not the best person to answer...I am now one year into Bell's! For 7 months, I couldn't close the eye & I had to tape it shut every night & sometimes when I went outside in the wind...So, it does not "go away suddenly"...

Well, generally...each case of Bell's, as I understand it...is quite individual. I had a friend who had it just one month! It cleared up and I don't think she had an extreme case.

It depends , I think on how severe your Bell's is...mine, I gather was quite severe...Generally, what I've heard is that the regeneration of the nerves is a very very slow process...the arrival of Bell's is sudden...the departure is more lengthy...Certainly, you have seen a neurologist and he/she can give you an opinion.

This is not something you should guess at on your own...if you are close to a unversity hospital, try there....Some people feel that acupuncture really helps...it didn't in my case but did with others...Dry warm heat on the affected area...You urgently need a competent and experienced doctor with this...are you seeing anyone? s

04/26/2010 03:58 AM
kochere444

No, i went to the ER but the just gave me neurotin, my doctor was out of town at the second time pain came back. but my mom is slow at getting me appoitments in to see someone Sad E

04/26/2010 05:16 AM
Alya
AlyaPosts: 301

well, your mother must be NOT slow...this is an important condition...not life threatening...but life limiting...you are a young person & need someone to guide you...is there a counselor at your school who can be of some help or is there another relative? Your mother might be busy with work & may not realize the implications of Bell's...hopefully, yours will resolve in a few months...not years! Nevertheless, as an older woman (mother & grandmother) I know that you need guidance & help with this...can you call the doctor & make an appointment...take a bus to get to see him? s

Share this discussion with your friends:

Disclaimer: The information provided in MDJunction is not a replacement for medical diagnosis, treatment, or professional medical advice.
In case of EMERGENCY call 911 or 1.800.273.TALK (8255) to the National Suicide Prevention Lifeline. Read more.
Contact Us | About Us
Copyright (c) 2006-2014 MDJunction.com All Rights Reserved