MDJunction - People Helping People

Ask a Question
08/17/2009 12:31 PM

Barretts Esophagus

Rube

Has anyone heard of the HALO 90 procedure that is suppose to cure Barrett's? I saw it on The Doctor's weekday show. They put you under a light anesthesia, put this wand down your throat that has a lazer or something on the end of it that kills the precancerous cells and the throat goes back to normal. They had a guy on the show who had it done and they showed a video of the procedure.

I am going to talk to my doc about it on Friday but just wondered who has heard of it and if anyone has had the procedure done. The doc has to have special training and then the hospital he uses has to have the equiptment which is very expensive. My local hospital does not have the equipt. but a hospital 45 min. away does have it. There are HALO's used for other things but this is specifically HALO 90 and is used for the esophagus. The reason I add that is some places I called mentioned other HALO's and then when I explained they would then usually say they did not have that one. You can also get information when you google Halo 90 or whatever way you want to search on the internet.

Awaiting your reply. ThanksSmile

Rube

08/17/2009 03:40 PM
Mubert
Mubert  

Although there are a number of people who have had the BARRX ablation, I haven't myself. However, if you read back over the prior posts, you can see where others have posted about their ablation, and from what I can tell, it is well worth considering. By all means, bring it up with your doctor, and if he doesn't want to talk about, find a doctor who will. Godd luck, and keep us all posted on how it goes for you. Hugs, Muriel

08/18/2009 12:23 PM
Rube

Thanks. I appreciate your taking time to reply. I am going to confront him with it. I will certainly let you know how it turns out. Thanks

Share this discussion with your friends:

Disclaimer: The information provided in MDJunction is not a replacement for medical diagnosis, treatment, or professional medical advice.
In case of EMERGENCY call 911 or 1.800.273.TALK (8255) to the National Suicide Prevention Lifeline. Read more.
Contact Us | About Us
Copyright (c) 2006-2014 MDJunction.com All Rights Reserved