MDJunction - People Helping People

Ask a Question
02/21/2011 07:13 AM

excessive weight loss with gerd, hiatal hernia, BE

danester

I have lost a lot of weight before and after being diagnosed with gastritis, Gerd, hiatal hernia, and BE. Anyone else lose excessive weight with these issues? On this Gerd diet, I don't think I'm getting the calories I should. That may be one contributing factor. I have lost 20 pounds, though, and that worries me. Any input would be appreciated.

02/21/2011 10:04 AM
dangerousT
dangerousTPosts: 66

I do think there are some malabsorbtion issues with the high-doses of PPIs our docs put us on. After 6 months of Prilosec, I was D and B12 deficient. I've lost 10 lbs in the past year as well, though I'm not upset about it Smile I wasn't overweight to begin with, but was getting close to that BMI mark. 20 lbs seems like quite a bit though - not sure what time frame you are talking about? I would discuss it with your doctor.

02/21/2011 11:01 AM
danester

I have an appointment Tues. with the GI doc. I pray there's nothing else going on. Thanks for the reply.

Share this discussion with your friends:

Disclaimer: The information provided in MDJunction is not a replacement for medical diagnosis, treatment, or professional medical advice.
In case of EMERGENCY call 911 or 1.800.273.TALK (8255) to the National Suicide Prevention Lifeline. Read more.
Contact Us | About Us
Copyright (c) 2006-2014 MDJunction.com All Rights Reserved