MDJunction - People Helping People

Ask a Question
12/05/2008 02:47 PM

I won my disability case, finally, after 2 years

mamanordy

Today in the mail, I received my letter from social security, granting me a fully favorable decision! I am still in shock about it! I wanted to post here first because my spinal issues were one of the disorders that they considered first as being severe and disabling. I also got it for my worsening heart conditions and osteopenia. I am so thankful, as now I can get medicare, and will be able to have some quality health care and when it is time for my pacemaker to be replaced I can do it!! Tongue

12/05/2008 03:04 PM
MelJo
MelJo  

CONGRATULATIONS!!!W00t I know you are very happy and that will take a lot of stress off of you!

12/10/2008 01:34 PM
cinderella
cinderella  

Silly Cheerful Shocked Tongue

well i am so pleased for you!!! it seems to be much more difficult in America, medicare is your birth right in Australia... you go on the list the minute you are born.... (just a form needs to be filled out to add to the card)

well congratulations... i know first hand how the feeling is when you are trying to get disability support as you cant work... (that is the same, you have to fight to get it...) i was luckier than you though i didtn get rejected, on my first attempt i was accepted... (i had heaps of evidence and reports to back up what i was saying) and i was able to get it all over with the first time.... Blink

i am glad that you stuck with it as i know alot of people who have given up after being rejected...Sad

well done and good luck!!!!

hope that your pain eases up a little and i am glad that you will be able to get the proper medical treatments you need...

12/10/2008 02:37 PM
fluffyluggage
fluffyluggage  
VIP Member
I'm an Advocate

Awesome! Congrats, mamnordy. I know that has to feel so good! Excellent job. Happy day. *dances as much as she is able with you* LOL Wink *hugs*

Jen

12/10/2008 06:51 PM
belinda1217
belinda1217  
I'm an Advocate

That's great that you won,and I'm so happy for you.

Belinda

12/11/2008 06:01 AM
mamanordy

Thanks everyone! It really hasnt fully sunk in yet that I won. When the money comes through then I will feel better. It takes between 30-60 days according to my lawyer, to get the money. Hope it is more like the 30 days.!

12/27/2008 02:09 PM
bits
bits  
VIP Member

Congratulations!!! This will be so helpful to you. I am still waiting. It has been over a year. And my lawyer says it will be Sep. before we have hearing. The 2 year mark. Must be the magic number. LOL! Anyway, I am happy for you. Hugs

Share this discussion with your friends:

Disclaimer: The information provided in MDJunction is not a replacement for medical diagnosis, treatment, or professional medical advice.
In case of EMERGENCY call 911 or 1.800.273.TALK (8255) to the National Suicide Prevention Lifeline. Read more.
Contact Us | About Us
Copyright (c) 2006-2014 MDJunction.com All Rights Reserved