MDJunction - People Helping People

Ask a Question
04/27/2010 09:21 AM

Anyone else?

blueshel
blueshel  

Does anyone else experience/d pain across the pelvic bone? It's seems like it is getting worse and am wondering if this is connected to hips/back? I'm pretty sure it is. I get very, very sharp pain in the front of my hips-in the groin creases I guess, to the point where I have to stop. Now.

Thanks.

shelly

Smile

04/27/2010 09:38 AM
Allym
Allym  

oh my gosh yes I do!! I was told it is definitely due to the L5/S1 disc loss nerve impingement. It is so severe sometimes it is like this flash of pain that wraps around my left hip bone and into my pelvis! I can totally relate it feels like my pelvis is breaking apart and sometimes my leg actually gets stuck and I can't bring my left leg forward when I am walking it is so bad! I am so sorry you are having this it is the worst!!

04/27/2010 09:46 AM
blueshel
blueshel  

Thanks Ally. I really needed to hear someone knows what this feels like. Sometimes I can't find the words to describe exactly what I am feeling, and I really dislike whiners (which is what I feel like lately)but, heck, things hurt. All the time. I tried doing some stretching with these big rubber band things I have. That was a mistake! I obviously overdid it as the ends of my boobs felt like they were being torn off. I mentioned this to my husband, who is usually quite understanding, and he told me I must be out of shape. I was quite hurt by this, but the effort to educate him was just too much that day, so I didn't!! I will be providing him with some written information of fibromyalgia so he can have a better understanding! I do credit myself for have patience THAT day! lol

Smile Nice to meet you Ally!

shellySmile

04/27/2010 10:02 AM
Allym
Allym  

I think that people that don't struggle with chronic pain, thought they may be wonderful and loving, can never fully understand the depth of the intensity of what we deal with every minute of each day. I am sure your husband didn't mean to be insensitive, he probably wasn't even thinking when he made that comment. How many times have we jokingly said the same thing, but now I can understand how that would feel like a dig. I haven't been able to even go for a walk for 2 years due to my back and if someone said that to me it would trigger all the frustration that I already feel about not being able to exercise and so would totally piss me off! I would be like "really do you think I don't know that I am out of shape? Do you really think that that is what is causing all of this pain???!?" I think that is a floodgate best left unopened! Devil

04/27/2010 10:34 AM
blueshel
blueshel  

Oh, I am quite familiar with the talking before he thinks thing! I have to admit he HAS improved greatly over the last 25 years or so! lmao!! Wink I do agree with you...a floodgate better left unopened, indeed!

04/27/2010 10:54 AM
killian123

I dealt with that exact type of pain for 15 years altho my pain radiated into my thighs as well.

Iam 33 and am 11 weeks post-op from an l5/s1 fusion /harware and that pain is completely gone.

Have you had any imaging done?

04/27/2010 11:03 AM
Allym
Allym  

oh I am getting ready to have that surgery this Friday at Mayo hospital, it is so great to hear yours was successful!

04/27/2010 11:05 AM
Allym
Allym  

Can you tell me what the recovery has been like for you? did you have an ALIF? that is what I am having with hardware as well.

04/27/2010 01:42 PM
blueshel
blueshel  

My bad disc is L4/L5.

I don't consider surgery an option.

I am very happy to hear it went so well for you Killian! Smile

I will be seeing reg. doc next week. I think the elavil I am on is making me very short tempered and sarcastic, so I'm pretty sure I will get some results and answers then! lol Or at least taken off the elavil - which really doesn't seem to be doing a whole lot anyway! Wink

Smileshelly

04/27/2010 05:39 PM
Kim347
Kim347  

i dont have lower back pain...i have upper back pain (i am weird..i know)..but check out this surgery they do at northamericanspine it is pretty non-invasive! you have to watch the video of the procedure they do...look under About AccuraScope tab at the bottom of the page....! i wish they could fix my pain with this..but it only works for lower back pain and neck pain....lucky me.... best of luck to all of you..and allym---- I AM SOO EXCITED for you!!! you have to let us all know how your surgery goes as soon as you feel well enough to get on a computer!! Smile

(post edited to delete ad content--if you want the website please contact Kim by PM)

Post edited by: fluffyluggage, at: 05/08/2010 06:42 PM

Share this discussion with your friends:
<< Start < Prev 1 Next > End >>

Disclaimer: The information provided in MDJunction is not a replacement for medical diagnosis, treatment, or professional medical advice.
In case of EMERGENCY call 911 or 1.800.273.TALK (8255) to the National Suicide Prevention Lifeline. Read more.
Contact Us | About Us
Copyright (c) 2006-2014 MDJunction.com All Rights Reserved