MDJunction - People Helping People

Ask a Question
01/27/2008 03:20 PM

Hi! I am new here!

mrkitty
mrkitty  

Hello Everyone!!!

My name is Glyn,I am 34 and have been dx w/ AS for a little more than 6 months. I was adopted from South Korea when I was a baby. I am seeking to know more about AS. I look forward to hearing from you all. Have a great day!

Glyn

01/27/2008 10:28 PM
spectrummum

Hi welcome i am shell i am the group leader here i am a mum of 6

one with autism one with aspergers one with traits one with lbd

I also have AS diagnosed a couple of years ago

i look forward to getting to know you

love shell

01/29/2008 02:45 PM
mrkitty
mrkitty  

Thanks Shell,

Thanks for the reply! I look forward to getting to know you also. AS is new to me, so I am looking to find out all the information on this that I can so I am able to know a lot more about myself. Thanks again, and look forward to hearing back from you.

Glyn Cheerful

01/29/2008 03:11 PM
spectrummum

Just let me know what you need to know

shell

01/29/2008 03:22 PM
mrkitty
mrkitty  

Hello Shell!

I wanted to get your take on imaginations and daydreams. Throughout my day I get daydreams and imaginations of being someone else or being somewhere else. I was wondering if this is normal for people with AS or if it is just me. Sometimes I can tell the difference, sometimes I can't. Other than this, everything seems to be normal for me. Thanks for taking the time to read this and look forward to hearing back from you. Lots of love.

Glyn Dizzy

01/29/2008 03:31 PM
spectrummum

I am constantly constructing an acceptable demeanour,usually built up of all the things I had seen and heard along the way (My sister mostly) or people i found to be popular.I drift off with the fairies whenever a quite moment arrives

The feelings of being in a bubble a soft bubble that I could touch and hear through, the sights and sounds were blurry like being under water I always seemed animated when I walked,it felt like I was not moving but the world around me was.

shell

01/29/2008 05:57 PM
mrkitty
mrkitty  

Thanks Shell!!!

That helped me alot! Thanks for sharing.

GlynLaughing

01/29/2008 10:53 PM
spectrummum

your welcome just ask if you need to.

shell

03/22/2008 12:00 PM
Meyree

Hello Glyn. I find that I do that same thing...imagining and daydreaming alot. So adopted huh? Have you been tested for fragile X?

03/22/2008 06:26 PM
mrkitty
mrkitty  

Hello, I do not know what fragile X is? Thank you for responding to my post. Yes I was adopted!!

Glyn

Share this discussion with your friends:
<< Start < Prev 1 Next > End >>

Disclaimer: The information provided in MDJunction is not a replacement for medical diagnosis, treatment, or professional medical advice.
In case of EMERGENCY call 911 or 1.800.273.TALK (8255) to the National Suicide Prevention Lifeline. Read more.
Contact Us | About Us
Copyright (c) 2006-2014 MDJunction.com All Rights Reserved