MDJunction - People Helping People

Ask a Question
04/07/2008 10:31 AM

Informative Websites

lisaholly78

Hey I am sure you all know it is Autism Awareness Month. With that being said I think you should all check out this website. It is called TACA, talk about curing autism. Here is the link.

http://www.talkaboutcuringautism.org/index.htm? gclid=CLmWmaG2yZICFR__iAodAnyOmA

I think it would be great if we could all share the resources we have all come across.

Thanks for all you do for me all the time everyone!!!!

Lisa

04/07/2008 12:56 PM
spectrummum

I must say I take great offence at this site also autism speaks,I will not condone nor agree with anything they say.

THERE IS NO CURE AND I HAVE NOT YET MET ONE PERSON WITH AUTISM THAT DOES WANT ONE SO PLEASE DO NOT BELITTLE WITH MIRACLE CURES THERE ARE NONE.

SHELL

Post edited by: spectrummum, at: 04/07/2008 14:57

04/10/2008 08:44 AM
lisaholly78

the site offers hope. We all have choices in how we deal with Autism as it affects all of us. Don't choose the website if you are offended, but don't try to make choices for me. I find the website extremely helpful. I like the diet recommendations as well as the Austism awareness part for everyday people who don't deal with it. My life is a challenge everyday and I don't need your negativity!!!!!!!

04/10/2008 11:08 AM
kris66

I just want to say that I am new to this website. I was told that there is no cure for autism whatsoever. But again what works for one child may not work for another child. An example of that for me would be the GF/CF diet for my daughter would not work. The diet we are doing with her is the sugar free/limiting the color dyes. Plus we have also have her on a really good vitamin called Yummi Bears Child Bright. This vitamin has made a huge difference in my child.

Plus my daughter was just diagnoised with Autism/ADD on April 1st of this year. She has the high functioning Autism. Now that we have a name for it we know how to help her deal with different issues.

thanks

krista

04/10/2008 01:40 PM
spectrummum

negativity!!!!!!

Do not test me on that statement

I live with Autism every day and not just my children .I have lived with Aspergers for 40 years do not talk to me about negativity.Do not make choices for you who mentioned you you are not mentioned once in that post so if the cap fits,do you not make unwanted choices for your child,it is you who wants a cure after all not your child so do not come judging me when you know nothing at all,you step in my shoes then say you want a cure I think not.

please Do not start a debate you cannot possible win

you have no idea what having autism is except in your own world,

Post edited by: spectrummum, at: 04/10/2008 15:42

04/10/2008 01:43 PM
spectrummum

Hi krista I am shell mum of 6 four with Autism I also have aspergers syndrome .welcome

shell

04/10/2008 02:37 PM
kris66

hi spectrummun,

I am new to this website. I agree with your statement

"THERE IS NO CURE AND I HAVE NOT YET MET ONE PERSON WITH AUTISM THAT DOES WANT ONE SO PLEASE DO NOT BELITTLE WITH MIRACLE CURES THERE ARE NONE.

thanks

Krista

04/10/2008 02:42 PM
spectrummum

Thankyou kris

04/11/2008 08:44 AM
lisaholly78

Well I must say all of this has been very hard to ajust. I joined here for ideas and to see what worked for others. My son is severely austistic and I am willing to try anything and everything out there to help him as much as I can. TACA, is TALK about CURING autism. Not there is a curem, but what can we do to narrow down where it comes from. It is about prevention and assisting the children who have it. It fights mercury in vaccines, as well as anti freeze which actually IS in vaccines. It promotes awareness, for people who don't understand what it is. I go to the store and my son doesn't look like he has any form of disability, so when he screams in the store and bites me, I get horrible looks and comments. They actually have cards you can give the person who is confused by the behavior. It tells them he is autistic and what that means. It gives you step by step diet and multi vitamin suggestions, and recent articles and publications on autism. The spokewoman is Jenny McCarthy, who has seen tremendous changes since she has changed diet and implamented multi vitamins. So that is what I came here for, is for informations such as this. Instead I have felt attacked and ridiculed for my choices and what I find helpful. SO goodbye to everyone who has been great, sorry but this just isn't for me....I need support not crap.

Lisa

04/11/2008 09:36 AM
MotherofBoys
MotherofBoys  

Welcome Lisaholly78!!!!

I think things may have gotten off on the wrong foot here.

Yes, it is good to share ideas and thoughts and ask questions. I think, when Shell stated her opinion that you took it to heart as she was attacking you. Rather, Shell was stating her opinion (of which she is a firm disbeliever in those sites) and she stressed that with the all caps.

I think that you misunderstood her statement and responded accordingly.

Shell, I think you are an amazing woman, with a ton of knowledge that I have been picking from your brain recently. I think Lisaholly78 rightfully misunderstood the all caps and rightfully responded as an emotional mother would. I don't think either one of you were "picking a fight" I think both misunderstood each other and then, in the confussion, it became so heated that now, lisaholly78 is not wanting to come back.

Shell, I don't think that is what you wanted to do is it? This is, after all, a support group for Autism. That doesn't mean that it is for people who only believe one way or another. It is for all to whom Autism has some sort of impact (self, child, significant other......) and to discuss different ideas, thoughts, research that is out there now.

Can we maybe apologize and start this over again. I do not think it would be fair to let lisaholly78 go because you or anyone else thinks differently.

Those are just my perceptions and thoughts here.

I am on neither side of this. I just don't want to lose someone who came here for the same reasons we all came here, help and support.

Share this discussion with your friends:
<< Start < Prev 1 Next > End >>

Disclaimer: The information provided in MDJunction is not a replacement for medical diagnosis, treatment, or professional medical advice.
In case of EMERGENCY call 911 or 1.800.273.TALK (8255) to the National Suicide Prevention Lifeline. Read more.
Contact Us | About Us
Copyright (c) 2006-2014 MDJunction.com All Rights Reserved