MDJunction - People Helping People

Ask a Question
06/01/2009 03:53 PM

Night Time Potty Training Advice please

okudaisi
okudaisi  

hi my son will be 5 soon and i think its about time that i tackle him staying dry during the night ie waking him up to go to the toilet. does anyone have any tips?

06/01/2009 08:18 PM
amazzon

Hi Oku! Nice to meet you hun. This is what my husband and I did. My boy was potty trained at 5 years with a few months before 6 years.

What my husband and I did was take turns waking him up twice at night. We did not let him drink water too close to bedtime. We set the alarm for about midnight and 3 o'clock in the morning. Now we wake him up at about 2-3 in the morning. He does not like it sometimes but I think that if we stop, he will pee on the bed.

Good luck hun!

06/02/2009 12:55 PM
okudaisi
okudaisi  

thanks Amazzon! i think he is really ready now... i have got one of those electronic tags which wakes you as you begin to pee your pants.. i need to buy some more pants as i definitnely pees more than twice a night.. thanks for the advice!

06/02/2009 12:57 PM
amazzon

Good luck with that...let me know if it works. My sis needs some help too.

Hugs...Amazzon

06/02/2009 01:00 PM
okudaisi
okudaisi  

the system is called Rodgers bedwetting wireless system, its pretty expensive £85 but it is worth it if it does what it says on the tin

. i bought mine of eBay

06/02/2009 02:18 PM
missymoo918
missymoo918  

I have a NT little 6 yr daughter that still wets the bed, I should see about getting one of those wireless systems. THe funny thing is, my little autistic 3 yr old wakes up dry more often than my daugher does LOL go figure!

06/03/2009 03:00 AM
spectrummum

Once your child is mostly dry during the day you will then be able to start night-time toilet training. Have a set bedtime routine which does not change . Limit the amount your child eats and drinks before bed, no fluid an hour before bedtime, but ensuring your child has enough fluid throughout the day. Take your child to the toilet before they go to bed. They then may need to be taken once during the night. You could fit this in with your routine . , you may need to try different times in the night to take them - may be not when you go to bed but in the middle of the night

Share this discussion with your friends:

Disclaimer: The information provided in MDJunction is not a replacement for medical diagnosis, treatment, or professional medical advice.
In case of EMERGENCY call 911 or 1.800.273.TALK (8255) to the National Suicide Prevention Lifeline. Read more.
Contact Us | About Us
Copyright (c) 2006-2014 MDJunction.com All Rights Reserved