MDJunction - People Helping People

Ask a Question
05/01/2009 07:54 AM

Do Autistic children make up their own language?

TessieMae
TessieMae  

Because sometimes I swear this boy is speaking his own language!

He makes up songs too that have his own "lyrics". Just a series of repeated syllables to us but he sings the same ones in the order each time. He sings it enough to where I even know the "lyrics"

"Do ah ah de dear, mo mo mow mow mow.

Den den du du den den den den du..."

There's so much more but as I was typing it I realized how strange it looked.

We've tried to figure out what this song was, is it a real song that he's not sure of the lyrics too? We even used a program that my hubby has on his phone where you hold it up to a song and the program will tell you what song it is, so there we were holding the phone up to Eric to see what he was singing, no luck.

It's just adorable! I enjoy his songs.

05/01/2009 02:14 PM
missymoo918
missymoo918  

Sam does something like that. He does this sing-song sound, it's just a 5 beat wow, wow, wa, wow, wow he makes the forth wow a higher pitch. He smiles if you repeat it back to him, like "yeah, that's it!" He doesn't know how to talk well, but he likes to sing, he will make up his own words when he doesn't know how to say the real words. his favorite song.. "When the lights go down in the city" Journey. He's got this thing with lights so that's his favorite song LOL, you should see his face when that song comes on the radio, it's SO CUTE!!

05/02/2009 08:55 AM
TessieMae
TessieMae  

HA!! Our kids are alot alike!! Eric loves to belt out Queen!! Bicycle, Radio GaGa and Flash are some of his faves!

05/02/2009 09:55 AM
missymoo918
missymoo918  

OH yeah, Queen, I think Sam's first words were "we will rock you!" He loves the beginning of the song "I want to break free" He cracks up laughing every time he hears that song come on.

05/02/2009 10:15 AM
TessieMae
TessieMae  

I wanted to dress Eric up as Freddie for Halloween but my hubby gave me "the look" so I didn't.

05/02/2009 10:54 AM
missymoo918
missymoo918  

We dressed Sam up as a Fireman, my husband gave me the look.. my husband is a policeman Wink

05/03/2009 05:16 AM
TessieMae
TessieMae  

Aww cute, Eric is really starting to like that Fireman Sam show. Is that why you dressed your Sam as a fireman?

05/03/2009 08:57 AM
missymoo918
missymoo918  

Sam has always been facinated with lights, he loves all the firetruck toys at the store. He would point them out everytime he would see one. Since my husband is a police officer he works closely with the firemen, they let Sam climb all over their trucks. He likes the lights on Daddy's car too but he really likes the firetrucks Smile

Sorry Daddy he he he!!!

05/04/2009 05:23 AM
TessieMae
TessieMae  

This weekend while Eric was at his Grandmothers he told her "No I don't want the egg and bisuqit, I want BACON!"

WOW! That has got to be the longest sentance he's ever said! Ofcourse he's going to do it while I'm not around too! He always does awesome things while he's over there!

05/04/2009 05:25 AM
spectrummum

thats fantastic hun,not only did he understand choice he also used his sentance in contex of what is being said

"clapping" awesome.Wink

Share this discussion with your friends:
<< Start < Prev 1 Next > End >>

Disclaimer: The information provided in MDJunction is not a replacement for medical diagnosis, treatment, or professional medical advice.
In case of EMERGENCY call 911 or 1.800.273.TALK (8255) to the National Suicide Prevention Lifeline. Read more.
Contact Us | About Us
Copyright (c) 2006-2014 MDJunction.com All Rights Reserved