MDJunction - People Helping People

Ask a Question
03/29/2012 07:41 AM

just need to chat

farmermum
farmermum  

Hello I am new to using online support and not sure how to. i am a single mum of 7 but ony have 2 at home the youngest 2 who are both in the autistic spectrum we live on a small farm d and i have homeschooled both boys.I am feeling a bit isolated from the world at the moment.And would love to get to know some othe parents who would get what life is like living with autism. I need friends who wont judge the little things the boys do people who have never lived with autism just dont understand.

03/29/2012 08:02 AM
Ibanez
IbanezPosts: 161

I know exactly what u mean. We are trying to find friends that "understand" what comes along with having a child/children with autism/sensory disorders. I considered buying acreage so I wouldn't have to worry about neighbors and let my son be himself. Well, we had an assessment at a preschool the other day and the school psychologist thought that being around other typical children on a day to day basis would be beneficial. I'm guessing that where you live, and not having your children in a school has limited your resources in finding families with similar situations...I am in the same boat. We are hopeful that the early intervention program will connect us with like people. Did/do you do participate in the early intervention program? Have you called anyone to find out if there are play groups that meet up, or support groups that meet? I'm in the process if doing this and it's a little frustrating, but don't give up because there are others out there looking for the same thing.

04/03/2012 07:59 PM
missymoo918
missymoo918  

Hello and welcome!!! You called yourself "mum" so I'm assuming you are in the UK. I have a very good friend that lives in Manchester. I myself live in the US, Arizona to be exact. I have a 6yr old son on the spectrum. He's considered high functioning but he struggles with ADHD and OCD so he spends a lot of time in the autism class at school. When you said that people don't understand the little things that boys on the spectrum do I had to smile, I totally get it! lol!!

Share this discussion with your friends:

Disclaimer: The information provided in MDJunction is not a replacement for medical diagnosis, treatment, or professional medical advice.
In case of EMERGENCY call 911 or 1.800.273.TALK (8255) to the National Suicide Prevention Lifeline. Read more.
Contact Us | About Us
Copyright (c) 2006-2014 MDJunction.com All Rights Reserved