MDJunction - People Helping People

Ask a Question
02/13/2012 08:06 AM

Valentine's Day Plans Anyone?

Catfishes24
Catfishes24  

Valentine's Day - you either love it or hate it, right? If you have a sweetheart, if you don't have a sweetheart, if you don't want the sweetheart you have, whatever. What are your plans for "V Day"?

I am happily single, so I choose my mom as my Valentine. A small pink teddy bear holding a heart that says "I love you" with a a small box of sugar-free Whitman's chocolates (God bless the young lady at Publix who helped me find that!!!! Mom's a diabetic.), and a tiny glass rose with a poem about how she is so important to me as her daughter and as a friend.

Mom made her famous homemade fudge for the nieces and my sister, and I got to go to the UPS store for packing & shipping, so I guess in a way I helped. LOL!

For me in years past, I have chosen to be my own sweetheart for the V Day: if I don't take care of me, I probably won't have what it takes to help others. So I would get the full hair treatment - shampoo, set & style (my beautician gives a great scalp massage in the wash/rinse phase!), bought a CD I wanted, picked up a treat for my cats, something I would not do on a regular basis because it is just me, not anyone special in my life. But I AM special! Not only does my mom, family & friends think so, but I need to as well. Doing a little something for yourself can be a real confidence booster.

No matter if it is something free or expensive, do something for yourself especially if there's not a significant other in your life right now. You are worth it!

So what are your plans? (Keep it clean & leave something to the imagination please!) Dinner? Dancing? Movie? Chocolates? Flowers? Hot air balloon ride? Share if you wish! Would love to hear from you!

Happy Valentine's Day from Catfishes24

02/13/2012 08:21 AM
Raoul
RaoulPosts: 4015
VIP Member

Okay - being a romantic at heart -

I will chose my iwfe - esp. if I want to live to see next week.

And I will probably get her a card, some sweets, and perhaps even some flowers.

Raoul

02/13/2012 08:31 AM
Catfishes24
Catfishes24  

LOL Raoul you are a smart guy..."want to live to see next week"

The card, sweets & flowers sound wonderful.

02/13/2012 08:44 AM
Raoul
VIP Member

and for an accent - I shall write her a nice poem to accompany her card.

an original poem - special for the day .

02/14/2012 02:01 AM
pinkapple
pinkapple  

Happy V Day to you Cat, Raoul and All

Me? No plan Whistling

02/14/2012 05:34 AM
bubblelivin
bubblelivin  
I'm an Advocate

I have Eric and hes always my valentines but just sunday night his grandma died, and his birthday is tomarrow

02/14/2012 06:13 AM
Catfishes24
Catfishes24  

bubblelivin, I am so sorry to hear of you SO's loss.

02/14/2012 07:23 AM
Raoul
VIP Member

Hugs and snuggles - and a happy V-Day to all....

02/14/2012 11:37 PM
pinkapple
pinkapple  

Bubble, I'm sorry to hear this. Be strong for him. Hugs.

Share this discussion with your friends:

Disclaimer: The information provided in MDJunction is not a replacement for medical diagnosis, treatment, or professional medical advice.
In case of EMERGENCY call 911 or 1.800.273.TALK (8255) to the National Suicide Prevention Lifeline. Read more.
Contact Us | About Us
Copyright (c) 2006-2014 MDJunction.com All Rights Reserved