MDJunction - People Helping People

Ask a Question
02/04/2009 06:33 PM

I want a new set of lungs please!

pkayjo
pkayjo  

Hi I have had asthma since I was 10 yrs old. Doctors told me I would grow out of it, instead it has gotten worse. I have been on a respirator 3 times. The first of which was the night I graduated from high school. I was even sent to the National Jewish Center in Denver for 3 months when I was 17 to try to figure something out. It just pissed me off. I have been in and out of the hospital so many times I will do anything to avoid it. I went to far the last time, cuz I was a little to late and ended up on the respirator again in November of 07. I am a single mom of 2 teenage boys ages 13 and 15. My 13 yr old has it but only exercise induced and when he has a cold. I also have fibromyalgia and essential tremors to go along with no air!

02/05/2009 12:00 AM
belinda1217

I'm an Advocate

pkayjo,

I've had asthma all my life.

My allergies can trigger it and that's also just about anything that sheds.

Asthma doesn't go away.

Have you tried going to allergist?

Belinda

02/05/2009 03:25 PM
fluffyluggage
fluffyluggage  
VIP Member
I'm an Advocate

Hey Pkayjo!

Welcome to the forum, hun. I have FMS, and several other conditions. I totally understand some of what you're going thru, tho I've never been hospitalized and never let it get that bad. I think because of my other conditions, I've always been too concerned it would be a big problem. Are you on any medications for it? If not, I'd really recommend you get on them. As Belinda asked, have you been to an allergist? I actually found my PCP a better help for me, tho, after we determined what I was allergic to. But it's great to know WHAT you're allergic to, so you can have an idea of what your triggers are, then maybe try to avoid them. Me, I'd have to live in a bubble to avoid my own triggers! LOL

*hugs*

jen Smile

02/06/2009 03:58 AM
belinda1217

I'm an Advocate

Pkayjo,

An allergist could give u a skin test for allergies.

It's not that easy for me to avoid my triggers, but than I have hard to control asthma.Not everyone's is the same.

I'm on quite a few meds for my asthma that help me.

Belinda

02/06/2009 05:58 AM
pkayjo
pkayjo  

I have been tested for allergies and i am allergic to just about everything. I also need to be in a bubble to avoid everything I am allergic to. Went through the allergy tests, been on every kind of asthma medicine you can think of, when it came out, i tried it. Finally I was invited to go along with a family I knew to see a doctor in Mexicalli Mexico and they have the answer. They had been taking their son for a few years now. It was night and day. The night before I woke up about 10 times to use my inhaler and the next night after I took the medicine, I slept all night. I was so excited. I have been there 3 times. This stuff works!

02/06/2009 10:49 AM
belinda1217

I'm an Advocate

pkayjo

I'm happy for you to have something that works.

I'm on allergy shots,Qvar Sinqulair Flonase,Astillin.

Belinda

02/06/2009 07:45 PM
fluffyluggage
fluffyluggage  
VIP Member
I'm an Advocate

Wow, Pkayjo, That's awesome to hear!! Good luck for continued success!

*hugs*

Jen Smile

Share this discussion with your friends:

Disclaimer: The information provided in MDJunction is not a replacement for medical diagnosis, treatment, or professional medical advice.
In case of EMERGENCY call 911 or 1.800.273.TALK (8255) to the National Suicide Prevention Lifeline. Read more.
Contact Us | About Us
Copyright (c) 2006-2014 MDJunction.com All Rights Reserved