MDJunction - People Helping People

Ask a Question
08/22/2010 11:41 AM

I hate stairs.

Riz777
Riz777  

Today I was helping carry things down our basement stairs after we cleaned up from flooding. Up and down two times was enough to make me need to rest and catch my breath. I'm so frustrated. My sister and mom both have asthma too and they don't need to rest nearly as often and I'm getting really frustrated and worried. My dorm for college is on the third floor and I wonder how I'm going to do that day in and day out! Sometimes I feel like I'm just being a baby but it's hard not to think that when I seem to have to rest constantly just to get my breath back.

Thanks for listening sorry I ranted...

Liz

08/22/2010 11:50 AM
goopy
goopy  
VIP Member

hi liz

have you seen your doctor recently and do you have your inhaler with you at all times. if not you need to see your asthma doc and get checked out as soon as possible. i too have lung problems i have to use oxygen so please listen to doctors and take care of yourself and post to keep us informed as how your doing.

hope you get better soon enjoy school if thats possible(lol). sending u a big hug georgia

08/23/2010 09:23 AM
Riz777
Riz777  

I'm seeing my doctor soon. I think Friday before I leave for college. I always have my inhaler but it seems like my inhaler I take daily isn't helping. I used to take Advair and I think that was better though I don't know. I'll ask my doctor about what she thinks.

Thanks for the advice Smile

Liz

09/16/2010 08:53 AM
Riz777
Riz777  

I'm doing better with stairs. Until 3 weeks ago I lived in the city and now I live in a small town where the air is much cleaner and my asthma is easier to manage. I do still have to climb three flights of stairs to get to my dorm but that gets easier with time. Thanks for the support.

Liz

Share this discussion with your friends:

Disclaimer: The information provided in MDJunction is not a replacement for medical diagnosis, treatment, or professional medical advice.
In case of EMERGENCY call 911 or 1.800.273.TALK (8255) to the National Suicide Prevention Lifeline. Read more.
Contact Us | About Us
Copyright (c) 2006-2014 MDJunction.com All Rights Reserved