MDJunction - People Helping People

Ask a Question
11/19/2009 02:55 PM

I had a bad reaction to my allergy shot .

belinda1217

I'm an Advocate

when I went and got my allergy shot Wednesday I had bad reaction after like 5 hours.

I started to swell turned red and I felt like I'd been injected by two needles a little above my elbow.

I get two injections in one are one in the other.

I called my allergist office today and they called into my pharmacy predisone for me.

Belinda

11/21/2009 09:34 PM
newrsd

I have had that b4 too. Not fun. It didn't start at all till 5 hours after? That is interesting.. How are you feeling now?

11/22/2009 09:21 AM
belinda1217

I'm an Advocate

I've stopped itching and my arm still hurts a little whee I turned red felt like that was were got my injections.i'm still taking predisone and when I go Tuesday for another injectoion I tell them what happened.

THe formula needs to be cut again.

Belinda

11/22/2009 02:25 PM
newrsd

That's frustrating. One of the reasons I gave up allergy shots. Besides that I was sick every other week in the winter and they cant do them when you are not 100%, i frequnetly have reactions.

Instead, I just live with my allergies. Wink Anyways, the worst [life threatening] of my allergies are not things which the shots can help for.

Hope you feel better and get off pred soon.

11/22/2009 08:17 PM
belinda1217

I'm an Advocate

allergy shots really help me.I'm not controlled very well.

Every winter I have bronchitas.

I'm just about allergic to the state of Georgia and a lot more.

Belinda

11/24/2009 02:52 PM
newrsd

Ok- I am glad that you have more patience than me. I am also not controlled well but I dont think most of my symptoms are caused by allergies in any event. IT could be I didn't even give the shots a fair trial but it wasn't working out with my life at the time so we stopped them.

11/25/2009 02:12 PM
belinda1217

I'm an Advocate

When I went got my shot yesterday I had another reaction.

This one started hour after the shot and I swelled up again didn't get red.It was like this when I went to bed got my shot at 9:00am

I was ok when I woke up and the office called me today ask me about my reaction other day told them what happened yesterday and my allergist doesn't want me to come back for two weeks.

She'll defintely be doing something to the formula.

Belinda

11/26/2009 02:12 AM
newrsd

Sorry about ur troubles.. Wont coming for 2 weeks just make you more sensitve? That is what I was always told with shots.? Not to come if you r sick but otherwise consistnecy is important to building up the strenght of the shots.

I would think that they need to lessen the strength of the formula a month or so back. Do you have appt's with the dr or just see the nurse? I would make sure to be very firm with them and make sure they know what they are doing and are taking proper precautions with your history.

Happy Holidays.

11/26/2009 04:16 AM
belinda1217

I'm an Advocate

It's the nurses that give me the shots.

It's my doctor that decided to wait 2 weeks.

I didn't just start getting the shot.

I'd been getting twice a week and it was cut back to once it's been like a year or more since I started getting allergy shots.

The reactions started when it was cut this will make 3rd time.

When it's cut back again.

Belinda

12/01/2009 08:14 AM
belinda1217

I'm an Advocate

I had another reaction to another allergy shot.

My allergist decided not to cut back on it unless there was another reaction and yesterday I had one.By the time I got home I was starting to swell. I itched like crazy.

Belinda

Share this discussion with your friends:
<< Start < Prev 1 Next > End >>

Disclaimer: The information provided in MDJunction is not a replacement for medical diagnosis, treatment, or professional medical advice.
In case of EMERGENCY call 911 or 1.800.273.TALK (8255) to the National Suicide Prevention Lifeline. Read more.
Contact Us | About Us
Copyright (c) 2006-2014 MDJunction.com All Rights Reserved