MDJunction - People Helping People

Ask a Question
06/29/2010 02:53 PM

Hello! I'm New

moose3

Hello everyone. My name is George and I'm new here. I have Aspergers Syndrome and am raising a teen who also has Aspergers. I am willing to share my experiences and look forward to learning more about you. I have a degree in mechanical engineering (go figure! I have Aspergers and can do math!, though I am currently unemployed and looking for work.

My son was first diagnosed, so I spent a day at Henry Ford Hospital being tested myself, as I knew there was a hereditary factor. Sure enough, I'm on the spectrum.

I have some health issues, specifically congestive heart failure, so I am limited to mild exercise. I had an alcohol problem which caused this, so I am now alcohol free. I like to walk and do some light weight lifting.

Thats it in a nutshell.

George aka Moose

06/29/2010 06:37 PM
luvthemoon
luvthemoonPosts: 44

Welcome George. I hope you find comfort and knowledge here.

06/30/2010 04:20 AM
moose3

Thankyou, luvthemoon. I hope I find comfort and knowledge too.

I see you may have a question about staph infections. I had a rash problem and went to a dermatologist. She prescribed an antibiotic salve which I had to put up my nostril with a Q-tip. Evidentally, the infection took residence in my sinuses. This worked pretty well.

Good luck!

George aka Moose

07/06/2010 01:33 PM
Turqoise08

nice to meet you! i myself am a mom dealing with asperger's both in myself and in my oldest son...

07/07/2010 08:23 AM
moose3

Good luck to you, Turquoise. We have alot in common....Aspergers and kids with Aspergers. But, our AS may give us insight into dealing with our kids.

George aka Moose

07/07/2010 06:40 PM
Turqoise08

that is very true moose3.. I hope you guys have a good summer

Share this discussion with your friends:

Disclaimer: The information provided in MDJunction is not a replacement for medical diagnosis, treatment, or professional medical advice.
In case of EMERGENCY call 911 or 1.800.273.TALK (8255) to the National Suicide Prevention Lifeline. Read more.
Contact Us | About Us
Copyright (c) 2006-2014 MDJunction.com All Rights Reserved