MDJunction - People Helping People

Ask a Question
04/19/2011 07:01 PM

Breast reduction(page 4)

peasha
peasha  
VIP Member

I'm a comfort eater too, just wish I could do it guilt free....

04/22/2011 10:48 PM
Hrothgar
HrothgarPosts: 222

If you figure it out, lemme know how....!

08/24/2011 08:43 PM
Hrothgar
HrothgarPosts: 222

Late breaking side benefit- I've only had a couple migraines since the surgery too....!!

10/04/2011 04:06 PM
PiercedJan
PiercedJan  

I just wanted to throw in 2 cents' worth from a long-term "reducee".

I had a breast reduction when I was in my 20s, from D to C. I was starting to have a bit of back trouble that I thought might be aggravated (sitting her over two decades later, with a bit of lower back discomfort at moment, I can only imagine it would have been worse!), having difficulty because I sleep more comfortably on my side, and experiencing minor inconveniences as well as the cosmetic issues. I just paid out-of-pocket to have a good surgeon do the job, and have never regretted it!

I seem to heal well and be healthy, so I'm not sure if my experience was typical, but I have had no problems other than a spot or two that occasionally remind me with a bit of a tight stretching feeling that I have surgical scars in there - but even the surface scars are barely visible anymore.

J

10/15/2011 09:28 AM
mominmo
mominmo  

I just had a reduction on July 26th from DDD to what looks to be a small c. I wondered of long term pain/numbness myself. I have two little girls with lots of knees & elbows. OUCH!

T

10/16/2011 07:15 AM
peasha
peasha  
VIP Member

I have finally come to the conclusion that I NEED to go and get someone to look at me for one. For me they won't stop growing!!! Its been a steady increase in size the older I get and now I can't even play sports anymore Sad Bieng and HH is hard enough just walking around let alone trying to play basketball. Im afraid of asking the doctors about it though.

10/29/2011 02:48 PM
Hrtn4Crtn
Hrtn4Crtn  

My sister had a reduction. Her doctor would only take her to a "D" b ecause she was an "G" cup (special order bras, very expensive). He said that taking her to a "c" would be too radical. But I know that she wishes he would have taken her to a smaller cup size. I went to the doctor for a consultation for a reduction. At the time I was very over weight, but my cup size was huge "G". He told me to come back when I got down to 170 pounds. I did go back. At that time he told me that it would be considered cosmetic because in his opinion I only needed a lift. He is wrong. I am not that over weight now and I wear a "DDD". I have grooves in my shoulders. I have back and neck pain that the weight of my breasts makes worse. I use to do Pre-Service Review for Blue Shield, so I do know that I would meet the criteria for a reduction if they were my Health Ins carrier, but I have Health Net. Guess I get to lug these puppies around forever.Angry

Post edited by: Hrtn4Crtn, at: 10/29/2011 02:50 PM

11/05/2011 11:44 AM
peasha
peasha  
VIP Member

As much as I know that is not a funny post the phrase "lug these puppies around forever" just makes me feel so great that I am not the only person that feels like the burden on my shoulders is too heavy these days!!

Im an "H" so I know what you mean cause this is just too much for people to carry around and too many drs don't understand what this is like. Maybe if they make mens boxers $70 a pair and they enlarged themselves by 10 pounds or so the male drs may be a little more understanding. Smile

11/05/2011 04:21 PM
niecsey

pmsl pea LOL ahahahah @mens undies lol x

Share this discussion with your friends:
<< Start < Prev 4 Next > End >>

Disclaimer: The information provided in MDJunction is not a replacement for medical diagnosis, treatment, or professional medical advice.
In case of EMERGENCY call 911 or 1.800.273.TALK (8255) to the National Suicide Prevention Lifeline. Read more.
Contact Us | About Us
Copyright (c) 2006-2014 MDJunction.com All Rights Reserved