MDJunction - People Helping People

Ask a Question
10/21/2009 08:09 PM

Forced from My Home

naddya819
naddya819  
VIP Member
I'm an Advocate

I went to court yesterday, and I lost my home. We have 5 days (today being day 1) to move out. We are being forced to abandon the trailer that we have paid $15,000 for. You can read my diaries if you want more.

Fortunately, my husband was able to find a home, only a few blocks away, that was available immediately and the seller said if we want it, it's ours.

I have been packing all evening, in boxes I brought from work, and I am tired now. But if you don't here much from me in the next few days, you'll know why.

10/22/2009 05:23 AM
ouchthathurts

Naddya,

I've been reading the last few days but not posting much. I read about what happened and just want you to know you are in my thoughts and prayers. I was once in a similar situation where I bought a house so I could move my parents in and take care of them, and after my mother passed away, I had to leave the home which I had paid for and lost every cent I put into it, due to my father's mental illness. It was very traumatic and a huge financial strain.

I know you are going through a lot of anxiety over this right now, but try to keep in mind that all things happen for a reason and there will be brighter days ahead. Try not to overdo or overstress about it so that you do not go into a flare. Can you get some help from friends or neighbors with the packing?

Brighter days are coming, and feel free to reach out to me if you need a shoulder.

Gentle hugs!

10/22/2009 02:58 PM
hatbox121
hatbox121  
VIP Member

5 days. That's ridiculous. I can't believe your family is doding this. Many prayers for you.

10/22/2009 07:14 PM
valenaann68
valenaann68  

I don't understand how you can only have 5 days to move. When we do evictions at work the whole process can take a month or so. It's even longer when the resident appeals the eviction. Then again, this is Alabama so it may be different where you are.

10/23/2009 06:44 AM
hatbox121
hatbox121  
VIP Member

Evictions do take 30 days but I think a court order is different. I still can't believe that they are doing this to y'all. I'm a firm believer in karma, what goes around comes around, you reap what you sow, the golden rule, whatever you want to call it. Hang in there. I hope this new house is much better anyway!

10/23/2009 08:01 AM
naddya819
naddya819  
VIP Member
I'm an Advocate

This house is much better, and the fact that I can have my horse there, the girls stay in the same schools, and the fact that we NEVER have to deal with those people ever again is what makes it perfect.

This was an eviction from the LAND itself, the trailer house is still in dispute in the courts, but of course since we were evicted from the land we had to leave the trailer.

10/31/2009 01:00 PM
suebaby41
suebaby41  

That sounds terrible. I am glad you are happy in your new home.

Share this discussion with your friends:

Disclaimer: The information provided in MDJunction is not a replacement for medical diagnosis, treatment, or professional medical advice.
In case of EMERGENCY call 911 or 1.800.273.TALK (8255) to the National Suicide Prevention Lifeline. Read more.
Contact Us | About Us
Copyright (c) 2006-2014 MDJunction.com All Rights Reserved