MDJunction - People Helping People

Ask a Question
10/19/2009 01:11 PM

Back from Orthopedic

tickbgone
tickbgonePosts: 227

Well,he told me whats going on..yes,finally answers. They did a couple of x-rays and he said I have Impingement Bursitis. Has anyone heard about that before? He said theres a sac of fluid pinching and thats whats been causing the pain. He injected some good medicine,lol,I'm finally pain free right now,woohoo. He said for me to do physical therapy to help me heal. I will talk to you all later,byeee!! Smile

-Tracie

10/19/2009 03:44 PM
hatbox121
hatbox121  
VIP Member

I have that. Impingement syndrome and tendonitis of my right shoulder. Going to PT for it now. I also have bursitis in my hip. Hurts like heck doesn't it. I'm glad the cortisone helped.

10/19/2009 06:43 PM
tickbgone

Amy-Oh yeah it does. I told him what the other doctor's had said,that it was arthritis and fibro..he said it's not. I'm not sure what type of medicine he injected..he said that there was 2-3 different kind of pain reliever's and the first one helped the pain instantly and should wear off in 6 hours,well,I can feel the pain where he injected me. The other will go into effect in 2-3 days and it helps the pain for 6 weeks. How's everyone doing? Are you all any better?

I start physical therapy on monday..does physical therapy help? I'm just glad he knows whats wrong and is helping me..been a year with this pain. I finally get some relief,woohoo.

I will talk to you all later!!

-Tracie

10/20/2009 06:05 AM
hatbox121
hatbox121  
VIP Member

Usually the meds are a mix of a steriod(like cortisone) and a numbing agent.

We're doing ok.

PT helps some. I've done it before for my lower back but it didn't help that. I think this go round for me may help more because this guy seems more knowledgable and thorough than the last guy. You'll go in. They'll look at you, check your range, stuff like that. Then give you some exercises to do. Mostly to strengthen the muscles or stretch depending on what you need. I need strengthening since I'm hypermobile and that leads to instability. They may do some ultrasound on that area to help it heal up faster.

10/20/2009 07:22 PM
valenaann68
valenaann68  

I'm glad you've gotten some answers and some relief, Tracie. Doesn't it just make you want to hug the doctor that helped you? Smile

10/21/2009 01:03 PM
hatbox121
hatbox121  
VIP Member

Has the long term med kicked in yet? Can you tell a difference?

10/23/2009 09:04 AM
tickbgone

Hey,sorry have not been on for 4 days..been sick again,ughh. I'm feeling somewhat better now.

Amy-I can feel a difference..I just try not to over do it. He said to not do things like lifting heavy objects. Do you know how long the streoid lasts?

It's icky outside,so I might cuddle up and drink some hot chocolate and watch some tv. Mondays my last day for the biggest loser. I'm hoping to be first,but I wouldn't mind second place either. I'm just glad I lost all that weight. Oh yeah,I'm not watching the kids anymore. I was suppose to today,but there dads home.

I will talk to you all later..have a great weekend!! Smile

-Tracie

10/23/2009 01:41 PM
hatbox121
hatbox121  
VIP Member

It really depends on the person. Sometimes it never comes back. Sometimes they last months. Really just depends.

I hope you get to feeling better soon.

10/24/2009 06:49 PM
tickbgone

Hi,I have an app with the physical therapist this monday. I will let you all know how it goes.

Has anyone heard from Sue? I'm getting worried about her.

-Tracie

10/25/2009 08:35 AM
hatbox121
hatbox121  
VIP Member

No I still haven't heard from her. I'm getting worried myself.

Share this discussion with your friends:
<< Start < Prev 1 Next > End >>

Disclaimer: The information provided in MDJunction is not a replacement for medical diagnosis, treatment, or professional medical advice.
In case of EMERGENCY call 911 or 1.800.273.TALK (8255) to the National Suicide Prevention Lifeline. Read more.
Contact Us | About Us
Copyright (c) 2006-2014 MDJunction.com All Rights Reserved