MDJunction - People Helping People

Ask a Question
10/09/2009 08:37 PM

Humira(page 2)

valenaann68
valenaann68  

I really hope this surgery will help you, Suebaby. I think we all feel like giving up at some point or other. Whenever I get like that, Scott cheers me up, even if he doesn't know I'm aggravated.

We're never alone when we are here in the forum. I think that's why I like it so much here. Smile

10/09/2009 08:47 PM
hatbox121
hatbox121  
VIP Member

How was the injection? Are you going to be ok doing it yourself?

10/10/2009 05:46 AM
valenaann68
valenaann68  

The nurse showed me with the demonstrator pen and had me play with it a few times. Then she got an actual medicine loaded pen and helped me stick myself. The Humira burned going in but it wasn't that bad. When Scott got home later that day he asked me about it. I got my demonstrator pen out and showed him how it worked. He said he's willing to help me stick myself if I get to where I can't. I only anticipate that happening if my hands deteriorate to the point where it's too painful for me to hold it and push the top button. My hands are still swelling and sore and the bumps still hurt. In fact, I've found a few more on other fingers. I told the rheumy that the RA is attacking the hell out of my hands. My hips feel some better but them and my back started hurting last night after standing around at his sister's. Anyhoo, yeah, I think I can do it. I asked the nurse if the pharmacy was going to send me pens or syringes. She told me it was my choice and I told her I wanted to stick with the pens. They are easier to hold and they don't look as scary as the syringes do.

Have you had to stick yourself? If not, do you think you could do it if you had to?

10/10/2009 07:27 AM
hatbox121
hatbox121  
VIP Member

I have not had to but have looked into the meds for MS just in case. All of them are stick meds. I'm sure I could do it. I'm not afraid of needles.

10/11/2009 03:31 PM
suebaby41
suebaby41  

It is a good thing you are not afraid of needles if a lot of the meds for MS are injections. I give my cat insulin twice a day now. I gave myself insulin one time when I was on medication that made my sugar go up. The pens are not bad. 00019

Post edited by: suebaby41, at: 10/11/2009 03:32 PM

Share this discussion with your friends:
<< Start < Prev 2 Next > End >>

Disclaimer: The information provided in MDJunction is not a replacement for medical diagnosis, treatment, or professional medical advice.
In case of EMERGENCY call 911 or 1.800.273.TALK (8255) to the National Suicide Prevention Lifeline. Read more.
Contact Us | About Us
Copyright (c) 2006-2014 MDJunction.com All Rights Reserved