MDJunction - People Helping People

Ask a Question
07/17/2009 07:21 PM

i think i may have arthritis.....could it be?

indigohope

hi,

for the past few years I have had pain in my hands. But for the past year, the pain has worsen. Before storms or lots of rain....I could barely drive my car w/ my left hand. Sometimes my hand cramps....

I am only 37. It is achy....it hurts in the forearm, wrist, fingers and a portion of the hand. My right hand hurts some also. But it is quite worse just before or during rainy weather, or bad -- bad storms.

Sometimes, it acts up while I am under significant stress.

Anyone feel this way? How would a dr help this? Is there help?

Thanks Smile

07/18/2009 12:03 AM
valenaann68
valenaann68  

You need to see a rheumatologist. He/she would examine you and probably order bloodwork. It sounds like it could be to me, but I'm not a doctor.

If you do go to the doctor, let us know what they say. I hope you can get some relief from the pain.

Wink

07/18/2009 04:43 AM
suebaby41
suebaby41  

Could it be carpal tunnel syndrome? You need to see a doctor so that you can get treatment.

bapwelcome

07/18/2009 07:43 AM
hatbox121
hatbox121  
VIP Member

You def need to see a dr. Go to your regular dr or see a rheumatologist. It could be arthritis or carpal tunnel. Do you have any numbness or tingling? The dr would check it over and decide what it is. They would probably do some blood work and xrays. If it is arthritis, they would most likely prescribed an anti-inflammatory med for Osteoarthritis. That would keep both the pain and swelling down. Is that the only place? Is it in both hands or just that one? Also Welcome to our group!

07/18/2009 06:06 PM
indigohope

well, it is strange -- but my lower back has some issues too. is that common? extreme stiffnes....and pain.....but it comes and goes....with the weather, stress....or a long car ride.....(i do exercise at the gym when i do feel well.....)

does yoga help all this too?

07/18/2009 06:14 PM
hatbox121
hatbox121  
VIP Member

You can have arthritis in your lower back as well. If it's spinal they usually call it Disc Degenerative Disease. I have it. I also have SI joint dysfunction which translates to killer lower back pain! Yoga can help strengthen the muscles which in turn would help with the pain. I think. It also does alot of stretching which is good. I really think that you should bring this up to your dr so they can figure out what's going on.

07/20/2009 03:58 AM
suebaby41
suebaby41  

Your back does sound like arthritis since it comes and goes with the weather, etc. A doctor can tell if your hands have arthritis or carpal tunnel.

Share this discussion with your friends:

Disclaimer: The information provided in MDJunction is not a replacement for medical diagnosis, treatment, or professional medical advice.
In case of EMERGENCY call 911 or 1.800.273.TALK (8255) to the National Suicide Prevention Lifeline. Read more.
Contact Us | About Us
Copyright (c) 2006-2014 MDJunction.com All Rights Reserved