MDJunction - People Helping People

Ask a Question
02/10/2012 10:07 AM

Arthritus in the hands(page 3)

DonnaEvans77
DonnaEvans77  

I have heard about the laws, and noticing, we're not getting the aggravating phone calls as much, thank God. There for a while the idiots would be calling every four hours during the day, now maybe once or twice a week. It's not going to do them any good, due to we are paying what we can, and been paying them monthly. I did get smart this time when I sent a payment in. I wrote a letter telling them, what I'm sending is what they'll get monthly till the bill is paid, and only have five more payments left on it. So far, no more calls, due to I did tell them to stop bugging me, I won't answer the phone, and they're going to add it with the hospital bill. Take what I'm sending, and stop harassing me. So far the phone is a lot more quieter. I know I'm not the only one with this problem. We're not rich, most of us aren't, we try as hard as we can to pay our bills, and hard when my husband is laid off right now. So aggravating.

Sorry I got off topic. Just venting some. GBHugs, Donna

02/10/2012 10:10 AM
barelymanic
barelymanic  
VIP Member

Donna, vent all you want sweetie. I need to vent at times too. Until I got my bankruptcy filed and received a number those credit card collectors were calling every 30 minutes until I finally answered the phone and lied about when I would make a payment. Just to give me time to get the bankruptcy number. They don't care, they think they are just doing their jobs.

What a stinky way to make a living.

02/11/2012 07:06 AM
DonnaEvans77
DonnaEvans77  

Thank you. I was having a bad day yesterday, guess I just had to get it out. My husband was the one who got a call yesterday. lol I didn't answer it, let the answering machine handle it. lol I was busy in the kitchen, didn't take time for the call. lol

I hear ya, not fun, but we handle it the best that we can. GBHugs, Donna

02/11/2012 07:19 AM
barelymanic
barelymanic  
VIP Member

Well I am one of those people with a compassionate heart. I don't tell people that they should be grateful for what they have or whatever (unless they have it really good and are bitching about something that just seems like a small deal). My boyfriend's dad does that, drives me crazy. He was 9 when the great depression was over and he talks about it like it was a few years ago. I mean really how well can he remember anything from the age of 9 when he is 80?

Also he likes to tell you how you can do without, well he's had plenty and for many years. So I think he is just a big old grouch and I try to stay away or ignore him. Problem is I like to visit his wife now and then and she likes seeing me too.

Venting can be healthy and necessary for us to deal. I have learned to do most of my venting now in the depression group. Too many other groups want to tell you that it's not that bad in one set of words or another. God I hate platitudes and so many around here love them.

Oh and living in denial is not having a positive attitude in my opinion. I seriously wonder if all of this positive attitude crap (should say most of it) is all about denial so you don't depress someone else with your problems. Kind of have a boo hoo attitude about that one. If listening to someone elses problems is your greatest problem than you have it pretty good.

Just my take on the subject.

02/11/2012 01:13 PM
DonnaEvans77
DonnaEvans77  

Sorry I got carried away with the venting. I'll try to keep it at bay. lol I was just having a bad day yesteray.

02/11/2012 02:50 PM
barelymanic
barelymanic  
VIP Member

Hey sweetie, stop apologizing. It's understandable when you are in pain and it's understandable when you get harassed by medical bills you really can't afford to pay off. The should let you make your payments in peace.

02/12/2012 06:44 AM
DonnaEvans77
DonnaEvans77  

Thank you, so far I haven't gotten anymore calls from them, and I went through my checking account yesterday morning and see they got my check, which means they read my letter I sent to them. Maybe they now understand I only have five more payments on the one bill, so leaving me alone. lol Knock on wood. Now that I said they're leaving me alone, watch, I'll get a call from them tomorrow. lol Just my luck anyways. lol

Share this discussion with your friends:
<< Start < Prev 3 Next > End >>

Disclaimer: The information provided in MDJunction is not a replacement for medical diagnosis, treatment, or professional medical advice.
In case of EMERGENCY call 911 or 1.800.273.TALK (8255) to the National Suicide Prevention Lifeline. Read more.
Contact Us | About Us
Copyright (c) 2006-2014 MDJunction.com All Rights Reserved