MDJunction - People Helping People

Ask a Question
01/07/2010 09:00 AM

Surgery number 8 is scheduled!

CrazyHorseLady
CrazyHorseLady  

Yippie I'm getting ready for surgery number 8 (total only 2nd on the left knee)

Got the MRI back on the left knee and he said that this knee also shows significant wear and tear and unlike the right knee the damage is a bit more wide spread and there is damage to the meniscus as well as the cartilage.

The right knee the only thing that was effected what the underside of the kneecap so they where able to do a

Maquet osteotomy to get the kneecap lifted up and out of the joint so that it no longer rubs.

Hopefully this left knee will respond much better than the right one did, not that I regret having my surgery on this right knee, heck i finally got up and rode my horse and it was probably the most comfortable ride that I have had in a LONG time with these knees.

I do know one thing this stupid cold snap that we have been in here in NC has been pure torture for me, this morning I was barely able to stretch out my right leg and OMG you should have heard that baby pop sounded like a gunshot went off!!!

01/07/2010 11:50 AM
hatbox121
hatbox121  
VIP Member

When's your surgery? I hope it goes well and your recovery is quick and easy!

01/07/2010 01:12 PM
CrazyHorseLady
CrazyHorseLady  

My surgery is scheduled for Feb 3rd.

01/07/2010 04:54 PM
valenaann68
valenaann68  

Less than a month to go! I'll be keeping you in my prayers. I do hope this surgery helps your knee. Smile

01/16/2010 06:19 PM
hatbox121
hatbox121  
VIP Member

Almost here! Onle a couple of weeks to go!!! How long is recovery time for your procedure? Are they doing the knee cap lift or a TKR or something different this time?

01/17/2010 03:29 PM
thematrix777
thematrix777Posts: 297

I'm glad the surgery is scheduled. Hopefully, this will be the last.

01/17/2010 03:40 PM
valenaann68
valenaann68  

I will praying for your surgery to go well. C'mon February 3rd!

01/22/2010 08:17 AM
suebaby41
suebaby41  

I hope your surgery goes well and you are free of the pain.

02/03/2010 05:15 PM
CrazyHorseLady
CrazyHorseLady  

Well had the surgery this morning. Had to be at the surgery center at the lovely hour of 6:15 am!!!! Th good part of the whole thing is that I was the first surgery on my doc's books so I was home by 10am.

He went in there and said there where no surprises there was wear to the underside of the kneecap (but not nearly as bad as the right knee was) and there was a lot of wear on the inside of the joint as well. He also had to redo the Lateral Release that was done on this knee 15 years ago as everything had tightened back up.

Right now i am in misery the pain pills are not touching the pain in this left knee, although they did help with the pain in the right

The worst part of it is my right knees just does not want to work for me.... i have a horrible time getting up out of a chair or pretty much getting up and doing anything.

I have faith that soon i will start feeling better (cant get much worse than i am right now)

Well time for me to play the xbox with the kids later peopleCool

02/03/2010 06:27 PM
jenkstrojanmom
jenkstrojanmom  

Hi Crazyhorselady,I am not sure we have met I am Angela or Jenks!!! I had my right knee done laproscopically (sp) so I feel your pain. I do hope you get to feeling better soon!!!

Share this discussion with your friends:
<< Start < Prev 1 Next > End >>

Disclaimer: The information provided in MDJunction is not a replacement for medical diagnosis, treatment, or professional medical advice.
In case of EMERGENCY call 911 or 1.800.273.TALK (8255) to the National Suicide Prevention Lifeline. Read more.
Contact Us | About Us
Copyright (c) 2006-2014 MDJunction.com All Rights Reserved