MDJunction - People Helping People

Ask a Question
04/27/2012 08:09 AM

What are you doing today?

damselndistress
damselndistressPosts: 16963
Group Leader

I made a video yesterday blabbing on and on about having to figure out where i fit into life etc each day before i could function and after I watched it i thought to heck with it who cares? JUST DO SOMETHING! Don't try to figure it out I may never figure it out and then will get nothing done if I make that a prerequesite.

So today I am working on some tasks ( not so fun tasks ) I've been putting off until i guess I figured out all the mysteries of life,

So for anybody reading this-what are you doing today?

Post edited by: damselndistress, at: 04/27/2012 08:11 AM

04/27/2012 09:04 AM
VH72
VH72  

Well beside dealing with my own world of crap Iam taking care of my daughter she has MS and not doing well I just do my best to live day by day.

04/27/2012 12:29 PM
AsianGoddess

I've been combating a little bit of depression this week. Slowly, each day, I fight it by not obsessing over my thoughts that I know are distorted or delusional. Today, I'm doing a great job managing my behavior by doing what I'm suppose to be doing intead of what I feel like doing (hiding from the world, pity-partying and sulking in the corner). And I'm choosing to think that even when I feel like obsessing about how insecure I am, which gets magnified the more I think about it, my imagination can be very distored and delusional. I focus on the people that love and support me like my family and my friends. I tell myself that I have value and worth. I choose to think about if I just put mind to it, I can be productive today even when I don't feel like doing anything. I choose to end my day productive and responsible because I know the more productive I am, the happier I feel and I break the cycle of depression when I realize I'm managing my thoughts, feelings and behavior. I'm having a better day today!

Post edited by: AsianGoddess, at: 04/27/2012 12:31 PM

Post edited by: AsianGoddess, at: 04/27/2012 12:31 PM

Post edited by: AsianGoddess, at: 04/27/2012 12:32 PM

Post edited by: AsianGoddess, at: 04/27/2012 12:33 PM

04/27/2012 12:36 PM
AsianGoddess

I hit the submit button and can't seem to re-edit my post. Anyway, the more I am in control with the outcome of my decisions, the more positive I act the more positive my consequences, the more in charge I feel. The less depressed and helpless I feel too.

04/27/2012 02:27 PM
damselndistress
damselndistressPosts: 16963
Group Leader

Awesome!

I tackled a couple of the tasks I had been putting off-it feels so good.

I had an outing too and I'll be honest I didn't feel very confident about it.

In fact i would have caved for sure if someone would have offered to go for me.

But then i would never get stronger would I?

I felt shaky then i remembered but when i get there i feel fine and so yes it happened again i not only felt fine i felt good.

I think by going and using the scooter in the store i am actually getting stronger,

By the time i get my groceries and pay i am ready with spunky energy to load them in a cart and push them to the car and load them in.

Maybe one day i will be strong enough to walk the store again, I can only hope!!!!!

I also cannot trust what my mind tells me or go based on emotion or feeling.

I almost need a coach to say yes you can do these things and you are okay even though your mind tells you that you are not-it's a big lie-don't believe it. Don't give into it! Get up and fight and live!

Post edited by: damselndistress, at: 04/27/2012 02:29 PM

Post edited by: damselndistress, at: 04/27/2012 02:30 PM

Share this discussion with your friends:

Disclaimer: The information provided in MDJunction is not a replacement for medical diagnosis, treatment, or professional medical advice.
In case of EMERGENCY call 911 or 1.800.273.TALK (8255) to the National Suicide Prevention Lifeline. Read more.
Contact Us | About Us
Copyright (c) 2006-2014 MDJunction.com All Rights Reserved