MDJunction - People Helping People

Ask a Question
06/09/2009 05:51 PM

Howdy

kcengel
kcengel  

Hey, my name's Kim and I'm a long time anxiety sufferer. I've lived with anxiety from the time I was a pre-teen. I didn't know that it was anxiety back then, and it's nice to finally have a name to put to it.

Much of my life is shaped by my anxiety. Where I drive in town is dictated solely on how stressful certain routes are, and driving to cities I don't know is generally out of the question (I find navigating through cities and towns I don't know terrifying/very anxiety-provoking.)

Between medication and counseling, I'm very slowly making progress. I even rode through Pensacola all by myself a couple of months ago. W00t

At any rate, I wanted to say hi.. very happy to find like-minded people that I can relate to.

06/09/2009 05:56 PM
bindiboo
bindiboo  
I'm an Advocate

Hi .....Welcome to the group......Look forward to getting to no you & reading your posts.....Feel free to jump in on any of the discussions...We are all here to help each other.....Smile

06/09/2009 06:17 PM
kcengel
kcengel  

Thanks! I appreciate that. ^_^

06/09/2009 08:27 PM
bindiboo
bindiboo  
I'm an Advocate

My pleasure.......Kepp smiling......Smile

06/18/2009 01:24 PM
dreamsofinsomnia
dreamsofinsomnia  
VIP Member

welcome and glad to have you

Share this discussion with your friends:

Disclaimer: The information provided in MDJunction is not a replacement for medical diagnosis, treatment, or professional medical advice.
In case of EMERGENCY call 911 or 1.800.273.TALK (8255) to the National Suicide Prevention Lifeline. Read more.
Contact Us | About Us
Copyright (c) 2006-2014 MDJunction.com All Rights Reserved