MDJunction - People Helping People

Ask a Question
02/17/2009 12:45 AM

"HOPE"!!

chimpy81
chimpy81  

Well panic attacks all seem to happen at nighttime about one every two to three weeks. i ended up in the e.r. three times before i finally went to my family doctor. I feel really fortunate to have some insurance. But anyway the first two times in the e.r.< my diagnosis was LABRYNTHITUS(inflammation of the inner ear)and was given meclyzine(antivert). It seemed to work because of the calming effect to the dizziness and actually the anxiety also. But when i showed up at my doctors office(white knuckeled,pale face,and complete exaustion from making myself drive)it took him about ten minutes to tell me i have a generalized anxiety disorder associated with moderate and frequent to severe panic attacks. He started me out on Paxil and prescribed xanax for the crisis attacks. I can assure you that Paxil isnt for everyone. It kept me on the couch for two weeks.I know that these medications can take several weeks to have full effect but i couldnt handle it.It made me more anxious than ever. So i went back for the follow up and he put me on Buspar oral. So far its been a great treatment(other than the crazy dizziness lol). Im here to learn from other people who suffer from this and to give my full support to the best of my ability. I have read reviews of people that have been suffering from this for five, ten, fifteen, even thirty years and i just think to myself, wow! Ive been suffering for only five months. I developed agoraphobia around the first of January. (5:30p.m. in Walmart of all places and time of day)It led to a very severe panic attack that i was so weak that i couldnt stand up and was at tha thin line of passing out,literally.Anyway im not here to gain sympathy, i once again just want to share my story to other people and learn from them as well. I believe in solutions and have a positive outlook look on this situation.

02/17/2009 08:18 AM
Chanda
Chanda  
VIP Member

Hi, I get my mostly at night too. Glad you found the group!

Post edited by: Chanda, at: 02/17/2009 08:21

02/17/2009 09:27 AM
dreamsofinsomnia
dreamsofinsomnia  
VIP Member

welcome to the group

we are all hear for you

ear pain sucks i know i use to suffer lots of them as a child

we are so glad to have you

Share this discussion with your friends:

Disclaimer: The information provided in MDJunction is not a replacement for medical diagnosis, treatment, or professional medical advice.
In case of EMERGENCY call 911 or 1.800.273.TALK (8255) to the National Suicide Prevention Lifeline. Read more.
Contact Us | About Us
Copyright (c) 2006-2014 MDJunction.com All Rights Reserved