MDJunction - People Helping People

Ask a Question
01/06/2010 05:06 PM

Panic attacks

thefuel91

Hi! I just turned 18 in November. On the night of my birthday we were at a restaurant and out of nowhere I was hit with this feeling of being in a dream. I got nervous and my hands got sweaty and I felt lightheaded. The next day I was at work and was hit with it again,only this time i had to leave i could not stay there andy longer i felt like I had to escape. These feeling came and went for about 2 wks and i went to the doctor. She said since there was not an unusual amount of stress she doubted that it was panic attacks but she said not to rule them out. SHe took some blood and everything came back normal. After a few weeks the out of body feelings left and I learned to deal with the feeling of a lump in my throat and the light headedness. This past week however,it has started where i will feel dizzy during the attack,my heart wilol race and i feel like i need to leave where ever we are. These attacks are starting to happen more often during the day especially if there is a lot of noise or a lot of things happening at once. I am getting to where I can barely enjoy anything. I am afraid to go places because i feel embarrassed to bring this up. So finally after looking online I have found somewhere where,hopefully,people will be able to help me deal with these.

01/06/2010 06:14 PM
damselndistress
damselndistressPosts: 16980
Group Leader

welcome to our group.

There are some of us rather new to these feelings still trying to figure them out, and others who have been dealing with it for a long time.

I get feelings very similar to what your describing. It also seems there for a split second that time is standing still.

Damsel

01/06/2010 11:58 PM
bindiboo
bindiboo  
I'm an Advocate

HI...Welcome 2 the group......You may like to seek some sort of counselling as well.....It does help alot.....Coming to terms with it & learning how to cope with it.....I am here anytime you would like to chat...Just PM.....ME.......Smile

Share this discussion with your friends:

Disclaimer: The information provided in MDJunction is not a replacement for medical diagnosis, treatment, or professional medical advice.
In case of EMERGENCY call 911 or 1.800.273.TALK (8255) to the National Suicide Prevention Lifeline. Read more.
Contact Us | About Us
Copyright (c) 2006-2014 MDJunction.com All Rights Reserved