MDJunction - People Helping People

Ask a Question
05/19/2009 01:41 AM

WHAT'S YOUR BIGGEST FEAR???????

bindiboo
bindiboo  
I'm an Advocate

I THOUGHT I WOULD START A DISCUSSION ON FEARS!!! MY BIGGEST FEAR IS (MIGHT SOUND RIDICULIOUS) BUT IT IS A FEAR OF HAVING A ALLERGIC REACTION TO FOOD!!! I DON'T NO WHEN THIS STARTED BUT I USED TO EAT ANYTHING BUT PROBABLY FOR THE LAST 10 YEARS OR SO I HAVE STOPPED EATING FOODS THAT I HAVEN'T HAD FOR AGES. I THINK THAT IF I EAT THESE FOODS THAT MY THROAT WILL SWELL UP & I WILL DIE. I NO IT'S TOTALLY IRRATIONAL WELL SOMETIMES!!! I DON'T EAT AT RESTRAUNTS WHERE I'VE NEVER EATEN BEFORE AT DON'T EAT AT FRIENDS HOUSES EITHER AS I DON'T NO WHAT'S IN THE FOOD!!!! PLEASE VENT YOUR FEARS SO WE CAN SHARE THEM.....THIS IS MY SECRET NOBODY NO'S ABOUT THIS IN MY FAMILY OR FRIENDS...... [img]

05/19/2009 09:27 AM
dreamsofinsomnia
dreamsofinsomnia  
VIP Member

i can't pin it to one things

i fear losing our home to foreclosure, fire or something, i fear something happening to my husband or children

i worry some sexual preditor will target my daughter

05/19/2009 09:57 AM
BelieveOnly7
BelieveOnly7Posts: 62

My therapist just asked me to bring her my top 10 fears next time I come back to her office. We are going to do what is called "flooding." That is when she takes me to the thing that causes me aniety and makes me have an attack so she can show me how to get out of it/prevent it.

Here's my list:

Bridges

Expressway

Wal-Mart

Mall

Driving

Night time

Elevators/ 2 story buildings

Traffic

Crowds of people

Being/Sleeping alone

05/19/2009 10:45 AM
oopsiedoop

I fear getting put down.

05/19/2009 12:02 PM
dreamsofinsomnia
dreamsofinsomnia  
VIP Member

i think lots of people fear being alone i myself do

05/19/2009 02:41 PM
vickiem1124
vickiem1124  
VIP Member

hmmmm I fear elevators but I can use them just get very tense and have to hold on dentures ,heights ,snakes, saying something wrong, being judged ,new people, groups of people , touch (hug ,back rub, pat,)people dying and leaving me alone ,needles

05/19/2009 03:30 PM
dreamsofinsomnia
dreamsofinsomnia  
VIP Member

i am very fearful of needles i see one and instant panic attack

05/19/2009 03:41 PM
Barillo

Biggest fear? So many! Being home alone used to upset me, better these days.

Throwing up scares me because when I was a child I couldn't stop once and my parents took me to the hospital and it was very unpleasant (I was very sick as it was I had been throwing up for days).

I hate being "in the spotlight" and observed. My perception of this is warped I know sometimes going to walmart makes me feel like everyone is staring at me and I have to leave

05/19/2009 04:10 PM
bindiboo
bindiboo  
I'm an Advocate

SEEMS LIKE BEING ALONE IS A BIG ONE FOR MOST PEOPLE. I USED TO HATE BEING ALONE BUT I AM NOW QUITE COMFY BEING ALONE. I KINDA FIGURE THAT IF IM ALONE & I HAVE A ANXIETY ATTACK THAT AT LEAST NO-ONE ELSE WE SEE ME......LOL!!!!!

05/20/2009 10:31 AM
dreamsofinsomnia
dreamsofinsomnia  
VIP Member

that is a good point bindiboo

i have gotten better about being alone

Share this discussion with your friends:
<< Start < Prev 1 Next > End >>

Disclaimer: The information provided in MDJunction is not a replacement for medical diagnosis, treatment, or professional medical advice.
In case of EMERGENCY call 911 or 1.800.273.TALK (8255) to the National Suicide Prevention Lifeline. Read more.
Contact Us | About Us
Copyright (c) 2006-2014 MDJunction.com All Rights Reserved