MDJunction - People Helping People

Ask a Question
05/16/2009 11:18 AM

anxiety stresses the family

kGee

hi, i have depression ocd add and anxiety. my sister has very severe ocd and anxiety and my youngest sister has odd. our family is fucked up in my eyes and seems to be barely getting by. not money wise because that seems to be the only thing going well for us. my sister the one with the severe anxiety has gotten out of bed only 3/16 for the past couple of weeks. she hasn't been able to go to school and if she does go she comes home and cries and listens to this relaxing tape in her room for over 120 times. it upsets and stresses out everyone. i love her to death but its making me more anxious to relapse on cutting which i used to do for over 4 years but haven't in 5 months. and it's also making me more anxious to get drugs. i dont know what to do can someone please help me

05/16/2009 06:57 PM
Chanda
Chanda  
VIP Member

I have ocd, depression, anxiety, and panic disorder. Hang in there and know Im here to help u in anyway I can.

05/16/2009 07:42 PM
bindiboo
bindiboo  
I'm an Advocate

SO IT DOESN'T HELP HAVING SOME-ONE ELSE IN THE FAMILY WITH THE SAME PROBLEMS??? MAYBE YOU & YOUR SISTER SHOULD SIT DOWN & TALK ABOUT YOUR PROBLEMS IT MAY HELP BOTH OF YOU. BEST OF LUCK & HANG IN THERE.....JUST THINK IT CAN ONLY GET BETTER.....XXXXXX Smile

05/16/2009 08:27 PM
hm68279

What is your sister worrying about that makes her so anxious? Is there something going on at school that gives her anxiety or does she have some sort of fear? I have been having a lot of anxiety over certain issues over the past couple of months. I have been trying to do breathing excerises along with a muscle relaxation technique. Talking with a therapists helps too. Having someone there to comfort you instead of barking questions and be unecouraging like my sister does lol helps a lot.

05/17/2009 07:18 PM
kGee

i just dont know how to ask my parents for therapy because i only went to therapy when they found out i had been cutting two years ago and than they switched me to a psychiatrist who i feel that i can't really talk to. and she does not like leaving home or being away from my mom that's what gets her so nervous and upset. and her and i aren't close enough for me to tell her my problems but i always help her in anyway i can because i love her. otherwise she really has nothing to be fearful of. thank you guys!

05/17/2009 09:02 PM
bindiboo
bindiboo  
I'm an Advocate

MAYBE GET YOUR SISTER TO JOIN THE SITE AS WELL......SHOW HER HOW HELPFUL & NICE WE ARE HERE......SHE COULD ALSO JOIN THE SELF ESTEEM GROUP A IT SOUNDS LIKE SHE IS VERYINSECURE LIKE MOST OF US WITH ANXIETY..... Smile

05/18/2009 05:46 PM
Chanda
Chanda  
VIP Member

my mom is starting to have anxiety, we try to help each other, hang in there!

05/19/2009 12:56 PM
hm68279

maybe you could tell them that she could benefit a lot from talking to a professional. I started seeing a therapist a couple months ago. Its weird knowing that I'm the only person I know that is seeing one out of my little circle of family and friends lol. But I feel better talking to someone who understands me and gives me good advice to keep me going. One of the ways he has helped me is explaining to me that I need to find a hobby or something to focus on. Its been hard finding one but it encourages me to find something to improve myself and my life.

05/19/2009 07:10 PM
kGee

yeah my sister sees a therapist i think but definetly a psychiatrist already i just think that they've put her on too many medications and its making it worse

05/20/2009 10:26 AM
dreamsofinsomnia
dreamsofinsomnia  
VIP Member

my mother was on like 12 meds at one point and acted overmedicated and had health complications

i think to many meds can be worse then no meds

Share this discussion with your friends:
<< Start < Prev 1 Next > End >>

Disclaimer: The information provided in MDJunction is not a replacement for medical diagnosis, treatment, or professional medical advice.
In case of EMERGENCY call 911 or 1.800.273.TALK (8255) to the National Suicide Prevention Lifeline. Read more.
Contact Us | About Us
Copyright (c) 2006-2014 MDJunction.com All Rights Reserved