MDJunction - People Helping People

Ask a Question
05/11/2009 01:50 AM

How to calm down, During anxiety.

SimplyMe

I am wondering how to calm down when anxiety is high and your thoughts are racing and your head is pounding and all you can do is literally panic and you are not able to slow anything down?

I really do not want to get into all the details of what is causing my anxiety but they are found in my diary. But anyways I just want some peace and to learn how to control it. Thanks

Love Jessica

05/11/2009 01:55 AM
bindiboo
bindiboo  
I'm an Advocate

HI I FIND DEEP BREATHING HELPS ALOT. NOT SURE IF YOU NO HOW TO DO THIS BUT IF YOU KEEP PRACTISING IT IT REALLY DOES HELP. WATCH YOUR STOMACH GO UP & DOWN & FOCUS ON BREATHING THROUGH YOUR NOSE & WATCH YOUR ABDOMNEN MOVE UP & DOWN. IT REALLY HELPS YOU CALM DOWN. PRACTISE IT EVEN WHEN YOU ARE NOT ANXIOUS SO YOU CAN MASTER IT WHEN YOU REALLY NEED TO USE IT. I ALSO CLOSE MY EYES WHILST DOING IT & IT REALLY DOES WORK. HOPE THIS HELPS Smile

05/11/2009 09:11 AM
Chanda
Chanda  
VIP Member

I agree with Bindiboo! Plus, I have to keep telling myself over and over, IM OK, IVE FELT LIKE THIS BEFORE, NOTHING WILL HAPPEN, etc. And I try to make myself do something to get my mind off of it.

05/13/2009 10:44 AM
dreamsofinsomnia
dreamsofinsomnia  
VIP Member

I am sorry right now my advice would not be very helpful, i use to go and do crafts but that don't even help my anxiety

05/22/2009 11:33 PM
SimplyMe

I just want a way to kinda calm it down a little so that I can manage even thoughts because right now it is all racing thoughts and everything. there is just no way I can think of to keep my mind havlf way decent and in order enough to focus on just ONE thing at a time.

05/23/2009 01:09 AM
bindiboo
bindiboo  
I'm an Advocate

HI SIMPLY ME, I NO ITS SOOOO HARD JUST THE OTHER DAY I HAD ANXIETY ALL DAY.........I TRIED TO GET MY MIND OFF IT & WENT TO MY MOTHER IN LAWS ( WE LIVE IN THE SAME STREET LOL) BUT I WAS STILL ANXIOUS THERE...CAN YOU SEE WHAT YOU ARE SAYING TO YOURSELF???? CAN YOU HERE YOUR THOUGHTS???? I HAVE JUST STARTED ACTUALLY LISTENING TO THEM WHERE AT FIRST I JUST THOUGHT I WAS TOTALLY CRAZY!!!!!!!!!!!!!

05/23/2009 05:26 AM
frazzled75
frazzled75  

I totally know what everyone is feeling. Its horrible. It is morning here and my levei of anxiety is the highest so right now I feel like I am crawling out of my skin. UGH

Hope all is well...

05/23/2009 08:01 AM
frazzled75
frazzled75  

I feel like that sometimes nothing helps! UGH. I am just trying to go through the day as normal. I noticed that in the past calling out of work and sitting around was not a good thing to do. I just try to walk around my neighborhood and force myself to eat and try to hang out with people.

Hang in there everyone. I am just trying to focus on the fact that there is a light at the end of the tunnel, even though its hard to imagine when you are in the anxious state.

05/23/2009 02:21 PM
anamore
anamore  
VIP Member
I'm an Advocate

Its really hard to tell you what to do, different things work for differnt people, sometimes I will go on this site and write it out, gardening also helps me take my mind off my fears, but not always, the fears at time are so irrational. Xanax helps me but if I have to drive I don't take it so have to deal with anxiety, different times different things, breathing is a good idea. I wish I could give you the right answer, but I am still trying to figure it out, support from people who know what you are going through helps alot

05/23/2009 02:53 PM
bindiboo
bindiboo  
I'm an Advocate

YEAH, ALL WE CAN DO IS HELP EACH OTHER OUT...I THINK TALKING ON HERE HELPS ME GRATLY.......I FEEL LIKE IM HELPING OTHERS WHICH GIVES ME SOME SATISAFACTION........XXXXXXXXXXXXXX Smile

Share this discussion with your friends:
<< Start < Prev 1 Next > End >>

Disclaimer: The information provided in MDJunction is not a replacement for medical diagnosis, treatment, or professional medical advice.
In case of EMERGENCY call 911 or 1.800.273.TALK (8255) to the National Suicide Prevention Lifeline. Read more.
Contact Us | About Us
Copyright (c) 2006-2014 MDJunction.com All Rights Reserved