MDJunction - People Helping People

Ask a Question
05/09/2009 02:39 PM

Wondering

tammyd
tammyd  

[b]Hi Everyone, Just curious does anyone ever recover from anxiety? I take the meds(lexapro 20 mg and xanax 1 mg)they do help but i seem to think that it just covers it up.

05/09/2009 03:35 PM
bindiboo
bindiboo  
I'm an Advocate

IM THE SAME!!! I DON'T LIKE BEING ON THE MEDS AS IT TAKES MY EMOTIONS AWAY. SOMETIMES I THINK IT IS EASIER TO BE ANXIOUS ALL THE TIME AT LEAST THAT IN MY COMFORT ZONE!!! HAD BAD ANXIETY LAST 2 DAYS & HAVE HAD A BIG HEADACHE STIFF NECK & SORE SHOULDERS ALL BLOODY TENSION FROM THE ANXIETY. IM HOLDING ON TO HOPE THAT YOU CAN RECOVER FROM ANXIETY BUT AFTER LIKE 10YEARS WITH IT I AM BEGINNING TO WONDER?? AS IM IN AUSTRALIA & CANT GET THE LUCINDA BASSETT PROGRAM HAS ANY-ONE TRIED IT???? I HAVE READ HER BOOKS & SEEM TO BE GOOD BUT I WOULD LOVE TO TRY HER PROGRAM BUT CAN'T GET IT!!!!

05/10/2009 06:09 PM
Chanda
Chanda  
VIP Member

Yes they do, ive heard sucess stories. Hang in there, we can do this 1 day at a time! Baby steps too. I hate being on meds., but ive already went down on some and use other techniques to help. NEVER GIVE UP HOPE!!!

05/13/2009 10:49 AM
dreamsofinsomnia
dreamsofinsomnia  
VIP Member

some people get anxiety under control- anxiety is often a core charicter trait- so i hate to say i think it is something you get under control and learn to cope but i don't think it goes away

Share this discussion with your friends:

Disclaimer: The information provided in MDJunction is not a replacement for medical diagnosis, treatment, or professional medical advice.
In case of EMERGENCY call 911 or 1.800.273.TALK (8255) to the National Suicide Prevention Lifeline. Read more.
Contact Us | About Us
Copyright (c) 2006-2014 MDJunction.com All Rights Reserved