MDJunction - People Helping People

Ask a Question
04/13/2009 09:13 AM

Rude awakenings...

puzzlinZin
puzzlinZin  

I woke up twice last night having a mild panic attack. This has never happened to me before. Has anyone else experienced something like this? Can dreams do this or is it something else??

04/13/2009 09:23 AM
Chanda
Chanda  
VIP Member

Ive experienced this quit a bit Sad. Actually last nigth I woke up several times. Nightmares or stress can do it, it all part of stupid anxiety. Hang in there!

04/13/2009 10:07 AM
SouLonFire
SouLonFire  

I second Chanda's predicament. Nightmares + anxiety attacks = one terrible night. Maybe try spending time thinking about happy things before bed? Or try to resolve any fights or conflicts with loved ones or friends before you go to bed? I know when I've had a tiff or I'm upset with someone I will tend to have more nightmares and panic attacks..

FEEL BETTER!

04/13/2009 12:02 PM
dreamsofinsomnia
dreamsofinsomnia  
VIP Member

I usually read right before sleep or have my husband read so my mind don't race with worries

Taking a nice hot bath helps

If i wake up from a nightmare i take a bath because going to sleep right away is a recipe to have the same or simular dream

04/14/2009 02:51 PM
shavonne
shavonne  

i, most of the time, wake up periodically thru the night in a panic mode. it's scary! its different when you're awake and can brace yourself for the panic attack... but when you wake up already in one, its very very scary. i sometimes wake up jumping out of bed and find myself pacing back and fourth and out of breath. then when im fully awake i'll tell myself its fine. (but it doesnt feel fine)

even sleep meds dont help sometimes.

just hang in there!

04/15/2009 11:15 AM
dreamsofinsomnia
dreamsofinsomnia  
VIP Member

i have notice i have been pacing more when i get upset

i feel better now that i know i am not the only one

04/15/2009 05:33 PM
Chanda
Chanda  
VIP Member

Ya, its hard to calm yourself down, when u wake up frantic, I hate night panic/anxiety attacks, it like your half sleeping still and dont know what the heck is going on. Sometimes, I will have to get up and tal to myself, get on the comp., distract myself to calm down, other times Ill wake up having one, think about it a lil, then go back to bed, but it is hard. Hang in there!

Share this discussion with your friends:

Disclaimer: The information provided in MDJunction is not a replacement for medical diagnosis, treatment, or professional medical advice.
In case of EMERGENCY call 911 or 1.800.273.TALK (8255) to the National Suicide Prevention Lifeline. Read more.
Contact Us | About Us
Copyright (c) 2006-2014 MDJunction.com All Rights Reserved