MDJunction - People Helping People

Ask a Question
05/08/2012 08:50 PM

i started a new program

1mtx1

hey everyone i was in the hospital for mental health issues,well in there the social worker set me up with a icm worker and a day program for people with mental health issues. i likeit there,but im so worried when im there. they have not set up my ride to and from my program so im pretty woried. i see my consular for the first time tomrrow wich is cool . im on a 30 day trial to see if i need there program. i have question this is for the program and the icm worker. im afried i will lose both its crazy its what i think about all day. when they ask me at the program how im doin should i tell them the whole truth ? wich is me not wanitng to live how i dont like people etc etc. and for my icm she said yesterday well if everything is good you would not need me . so i told her i feel like crap and i have no motivation to do anything even good stuff for me. should i strech how i feel or be honest and let them know i have good days and bad days? i really dont wana lose the proram, they both play a major role in me geting disabilty at this point. thank you

Post edited by: 1mtx1, at: 05/08/2012 08:52 PM

05/09/2012 03:21 AM
damselndistress
damselndistressPosts: 16968
Group Leader

HiSmile

I think having good days and bad days is kind of normal with this.

It's the lack of stability that sometimes is the problem.

I would just tell them what you told us.

It's normal to be worried about anything new but try not to worry.

It's a program and you'll most likely go in and go through a routine everyday.

05/21/2012 06:55 PM
1mtx1

so far im liking it there but im worried about geting there still. they said my insurance company will not pay for a cab or the van based on the fact i dont have a medical issue and i dont live in a housing program. i found out if i stay clean people will do only 6 months. i asked aobut it i was told its different for everyone. im just so worried, im scared im going to lose this program and my icm worker. all this needs to be inplace for another year or so . im still goin for disabilty, with out this im just another guy that stoped working do to stress and a drug problem.

05/22/2012 01:25 AM
Zetsubou
Zetsubou  

Not sure what to suggest about the transport issue, but in terms of being honest, I think it's best to be as honest as you are comfortable with in this sort of situation. Like the ICM Worker said, if your life was all wonderful and happy, you wouldn't be in the group - it's not going to be such a massive shock to the people there, and chances are, they'll be able to help you more effectively that way.

05/22/2012 10:35 AM
Ginag
Ginag  
I'm an Advocate

Hi 1mtx1

Keep posting. Hopefully we all can walk with you through this frunstrating time.

05/22/2012 08:30 PM
1mtx1

thank you i see a conusalr weekly and see my icm worker weekly and i see my dr that writes my meds every othere week. its good to have a support group. even though i have this i feel so sad. its hard for me to be happy this damn disabilty thing has me on edge all day. it dont help that i have a drug issue and im stayin clean but im having issue wiht that. imj stayin clean but its geting real hard with the stess.

Share this discussion with your friends:

Disclaimer: The information provided in MDJunction is not a replacement for medical diagnosis, treatment, or professional medical advice.
In case of EMERGENCY call 911 or 1.800.273.TALK (8255) to the National Suicide Prevention Lifeline. Read more.
Contact Us | About Us
Copyright (c) 2006-2014 MDJunction.com All Rights Reserved